Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2004-10-13
15:53:58
 :: milestone :: Reveal your active projects

...or, at least, the non-vapourware that you are able to reveal at the moment. Eeeeh, sometimes we need a thread like this.
About me:
I'm collecting some surprising interviews in order to publish them in the 17th LoneNews issue; it also means I'm in drawing pics and logos too. I paused a bit my ML learning (I got a bit frustrated by IRQ stuff), but the public LN editor is 75% ready: I wanna add a kernel load/save/directory routine and selection between TED and SID music; unfortunately, at the moment I may imagine how to load/save/relocate, but no ideas about directory...
Though my life is never calm and relaxed (maybe I'll change home and girl once again), I'd found time in order to join a c64 gfx compo for the 1st time in my life, starting from MultiBotticelli and finishing with KoalaPainterII; hope in these days I'll find spare time in order to finish a SIDtune too 'coz I could join SIDcompo too here at X-2004 (SJP will be here, I can't instead
And that's all, avoiding to talk about long time projects (Crown, your music, as you surely listened at, is the next!).

What about you guys? Some questions:
BB Software: what about the BASIC 1942 clone?
Lavina: is Paul still active in converting? And what about you?
DCD: leave the twins to your wife and play with the blackbox instead happy

Posted By

TMR
on 2004-10-13
18:01:37
 Re: :: milestone :: Reveal your active projects

Reaxion Plus/4 is running to the point where it's complete and needs testing - no music in there yet, though. Lunar Blitz is currently stalled during mastering, i haven't had any time.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2004-10-13
18:48:57

A megademo, and then a game. Unlikely to be finished before 2005, but who knows. Probably my last Plus/4 projects.

If there will be any compos, I'll try to participate.

Posted By

Luca
on 2004-10-13
19:56:32

Csabo, sad to listen your words

Posted By

SVS
on 2004-10-14
02:35:54

Csabo! What do you mean?

Posted By

Rachy
on 2004-10-14
08:08:38

I have plans only for now. And a 10% ready Flamingo for AmigaOS4, not a Plus/4 stuff, I admit. Probably I rather port Yape than Flamingo.

Csabo: ah, come on. happy

Posted By

Ati
on 2004-10-14
11:13:41

Maybe a file demo, called Perfect Visions...

Posted By

TMR
on 2004-10-14
13:20:12

i want to code more stuff, just haven't any ideas or time at this point... ImageWire might be gaining Plus/4 support in the new revision, if i can think of a good way to handle it. =-)

Posted By

Luca
on 2004-10-14
14:07:15

I discovered ImageWire V1.0 yesterday, and I simply love it!

Posted By

bubis
on 2004-10-15
06:36:54

About me: I would like to release a MCIFLI collection this year and a smaller demo (probably onefiler) on the anniversary party.
I would like to finish my work in the next big Resource demo, I hope we will release it on BP'05.
Later I would like to create a big Plus/4 demo, 2 disk sides with plenty of very good effects, exclusive sound tracks.

bubis

Posted By

TMR
on 2004-10-15
07:56:34

i sort of have an intro ready, but it's waiting on graphics so i'll have to do a bit of nagging and/or drawing...

Here's a question that the shoot-em-ups thread set me thinking about; is the sprite handling in games like Sanxion good enough? i could do something fairly busy, but i've been a bit shy of using character stepping sprites, does anyone have opinions...?

Posted By

Luca
on 2004-10-15
09:27:59

bubis:
I arrogantly indicate myself as musician for your demos.
This anniversary compo acts like a ghost: ppl are coding but nobody knows about it wink

TMR:
May I draw some gfx for you?
The weird +4 bastard version of Sanxion doesn't use sprites: the author had converted the original sprites into chars and then he used them (probably you're referring exactly to that way of sprite-ing). Well, many great shmups moves (quickly) by one char, it depends from the game itself, and I'm sure that your big experience in games can take that hypotetic game to the maximum level of playability!

Posted By

TMR
on 2004-10-15
10:40:55

[Nods] yeah, the sprites are just blocks that step 8 pixels a move and delay movement over a couple of frames; essentially pretty easy to handle and, as long as they don't move every frame and therefore too fast to get out of the way of, reasonable enough. But they're not totally smooth is my worry, does the Plus/4 community expect more now...?

As for graphics, we'll talk when there's something a bit more concrete... =-)

Posted By

RKSoft
on 2004-10-16
12:26:22

@Luca
I had no time to make more on 1942 since i work on Big Mac for windows. But this projekt isn't canceled...

Posted By

Lavina
on 2004-10-20
09:33:24

About Paul, well, he has a lot of unfinished works... conversions... I should just push him... and probably uninstall BF1942 from his PCs.... :D

About me: First I'll kill Csabo for saying the word LAST (Which we all know is prohibited in the Plus4 scene) And, well, I have some unfinished things, effects, that either could be put together for a onefiler compo nomination, or it could be a contribution for the anniversary demo.
And of course I would like to write my dream adventure game. Once I mentioned that it would be a very special kind of adventure.... wink

Posted By

TMR
on 2004-10-20
10:17:59

i had a bit of a pop at doing 1942 in machine code based loosely on the BASIC example... wonder if i've still got the bits... And what's wrong with using the word "last" Lavina? My last game was Lunar Blitz C16, my next is Reaxion Plus/4 - nothing wrong with that...? =-)

Posted By

Lavina
on 2004-10-21
02:47:31

We simply like the word "next", and hate the "last".... happy It comes from our past.... wink

Posted By

JamesC
on 2004-10-23
09:45:35

I have several projects on my "to do" list. However progress is impeded by the fact that my wife and I have divorced and I have custody of the three young children, with minimal assistance from other adults.

1) The GEOS/1541 project has been put on hold until I obtain a 1551 that works correctly at normal room temperatures. My current 1551 stops responding after the first disk command, causing the Plus/4 to "hang" until the reset button is pressed. Even with the cover removed and a fan blowing cool air dierctly onto the circuit board, I have only successfully booted GEOS *once* with this drive.

1b) YAPE 0.59's multiple disk drive emulation, coupled with the original GEOS disks distributed online, seem to have caused most all GEOS/1541 interest to vanish. I know of only three people who actually desire to purchase a GEOS/1541 disk now, and a handful of others who would like to see it if does not cost them anything.

2) A "Friends" trivia game. I have the questions and answers, I lack the time to code graphics. **I wish I owned a lightpen** because I also have a 128D and could use the lightpen on either system to draw graphics much faster than by trial-and-error with code.

3) "Texas Hold-Em Poker" simulator. The basic card randomization and card deal is coded, I lack the motivation to code the bet routines and determining which hand wins. This was originally a project for my wife, who watched "World Poker Tour" on television. Now that she is gone, this will probably stay unfinished for a time. The original plans included a bit of "narration" by an artificial intelligence commentator to be scrolled along the bottom of the screen, and a "World Tour" hidden mode that raised the bets to what we see on the television, as opposed to bets that friends would make ($100,000 on television vs $10-50-100 with friends), and you would actually play against Dave "Devilfish" Ulliot himself.

4) Long term project: A "Starship Titanic" remake on the Plus/4. This would be an Infocom-style game based on Douglas Adams' game for the PC.

Posted By

RobertB
on 2004-10-25
02:37:56

James,
Have you contacted Ray Carlsen or Raj Wurttemberg to see if they
can fix your 1551 drive?

Posted By

JamesC
on 2004-10-26
14:26:36

Robert, I have (very briefly) conversed with Ray about it. I have not contacted Raj.

I did have a lengthy telephone conversation with Peter about a year ago, and this unit was discussed and Peter's suggestions did not work. I have asked a couple of Europeans to keep close eye for reasonably priced 1551s on my behalf.

The only other thing that would assist at this point would be a Genuine Commodore Service Manual for the 1551, preferably in English. wink

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024