Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2004-09-26
14:52:30
 Re: Starwars DVD

All I had for years was the Starwars Bubble Gum Cards. Those pictures alone stole my imagination for ever!! I didnt see Starwars until it was first shown on TV.

When they were first released on wide screen video tape format I snapped them up. That was back in 1991, was amazed how much the normal TV square picture had cut off! wink

Then we had the Digitally Remastered versions, the clean up on the picture was cool, but being on video they sucked.

When they were all re-released for the 20th anniversary Special Editions in the cinema. I went and saw Starwars twice!! happy

Special Editions was then later released on video tape and again I was unhappy with the picture.

So I bought a Lazer Disc/DVD player and bought all 3 Special Editions again. Soon bought a wide screen TV and was gutted because the Lazer Disc versions although wide screen were designed to be watch on a square TV. Me and my big 32" wide screen TV viewing Starwars on the ratio of 4:3 lmao! Ok the picture was sweet but not big enough!! [frown]

Now on DVD all I can day is.......... I've never seen Starwars until now!!!!!!! Cinema picture quality which they state is the best is all lies! I could not believe how clear it is, the colors??? It really is something else!

I absolutely adore space scifi but I hate Star Trek and most TV, as Luca would call it yankee-ish $-pumped sagas. But Starwars and Aliens you just gotta love um! wink

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024