Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2004-09-24
05:00:52
 Starwars DVD

I dont know about the rest of you guys yet but on Monday we saw in the UK the release of the Starwars Trilogy on DVD. I was out shopping with the family getting my long awaited copy, since the birth of DVD and there were 2 Stormtroopers walking around! They even had some cleaver computer voice box thing so when they talked they sounded like the real thing. happy I asked if I could take a picture of them with my son standing next to them.

This was outside Virgin Megastore in Southampton. My boy is a Starwars nut, I wonder why? wink He's only 5 and said they were not real lmao!!

Posted By

Luca
on 2004-09-24
09:19:22
 Re: Starwars DVD

Personally, it seems to be offtopic too much. Often, I hate almost all the yankee-ish $-pumped sagas.

Posted By

Litwr
on 2004-09-25
02:36:12

i'm not agree. I think that +4, Star wars, mathematics, history, Tolkien and some other things are parts of one stream of ideas.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2004-09-25
08:18:08

Okay, it's not Plus/4 so I moved it to Off Topic. I'm surprised that you don't like Star Wars, Luca... But let's not turn the discussion into a Star Wars war wink

Instead I'll just say that as a kid, I was really affected by this movie trilogy (the universe it presented). When I first saw it back home, they didn't dub it yet, so it was subtitled, and I couldn't read yet. So I sat on my Mom's lap while she read it to me and I watched with marvel happy

Posted By

Luca
on 2004-09-25
08:32:05

My luck, when I was a child, I was affected by Tezuka's mangas.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2004-09-25
08:47:00

No wonder about the Lone News title screens then wink

Posted By

MIK
on 2004-09-26
14:52:30

All I had for years was the Starwars Bubble Gum Cards. Those pictures alone stole my imagination for ever!! I didnt see Starwars until it was first shown on TV.

When they were first released on wide screen video tape format I snapped them up. That was back in 1991, was amazed how much the normal TV square picture had cut off! wink

Then we had the Digitally Remastered versions, the clean up on the picture was cool, but being on video they sucked.

When they were all re-released for the 20th anniversary Special Editions in the cinema. I went and saw Starwars twice!! happy

Special Editions was then later released on video tape and again I was unhappy with the picture.

So I bought a Lazer Disc/DVD player and bought all 3 Special Editions again. Soon bought a wide screen TV and was gutted because the Lazer Disc versions although wide screen were designed to be watch on a square TV. Me and my big 32" wide screen TV viewing Starwars on the ratio of 4:3 lmao! Ok the picture was sweet but not big enough!! [frown]

Now on DVD all I can day is.......... I've never seen Starwars until now!!!!!!! Cinema picture quality which they state is the best is all lies! I could not believe how clear it is, the colors??? It really is something else!

I absolutely adore space scifi but I hate Star Trek and most TV, as Luca would call it yankee-ish $-pumped sagas. But Starwars and Aliens you just gotta love um! wink

Posted By

Austin
on 2004-09-27
16:33:27

I think, on balance, they are far better the the 'new' start wars - Phantom menace etc...

Posted By

MIK
on 2004-09-27
17:05:06

In time they do grow on you. Its trying to understand the story more than anything. All this Republic lark is head doing, but when you head back to classic Starwars it is cool because some of the stuff they talk about were we had no understanding becomes a little more clear. wink

Posted By

Litwr
on 2004-09-29
00:11:25

Some people don't like Star Wars... But majority of Russians until 2002 (first translation on TV) didn't know about them! Many people here still can't say anything about this saga. Among them are even my mother, sister and 13 years old niece. I was slightly happier - I could see Star Wars in the 1985 in the Poland. I have to add that I am nearly sure that these films (strangely associated with SDI), home microcomputers, and popular music were the visible forces which removed attractiveness from communist ideas for most of the youth. So, great military, economic, and ideologic power was defeated by commercial fiction movies! he-he...

Posted By

Austin
on 2004-09-29
15:25:05

It's often the way !

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024