Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2004-09-15
03:12:46
 [XeO3] autumn calling

Periodically, I annoy this forum with this "call for coders"-ish post.
The XeO3 project is still waiting for a coder who have spare time, desire and skill to complete it.
The best would be that Mike Dailly, the original coder, will find time for coding it, 'cause he declared "not closed" the project.
Fact is, Mike has no time. Hence, I'm searching for other coders, in order to catch fruits from the tree of graphic, music and levels drawn I just did grew up: as you can see from the homepage, 2 levels are completed, and Mike just coded an early prg that moves the sprites on the scrolling screen (that can be completed or totally rewritten).

Is there a sparetimed coder outta here?

Mike are you listening?

TMR, what about a Cronosoft release, if it may give an added value and reason to the project?

Posted By

TMR
on 2004-09-15
09:45:46
 Re: [XeO3] autumn calling

i'm passing on it for a reason, i don't like taking over other people's projects; i have a fairly distinctive "style" as a coder and the last thing i want is to be working with source in a different assembler that i don't entirely understand... sorry!

Posted By

Luca
on 2004-09-15
11:13:02

Ok, let's code a whole new driver and keep graphic, music and levels.
At least, only an easy softsprites+scrolling demo was coded, and whe could consider the "project" as a bunch of stuff where only the game genre and the screen height (24 rows) is decided.

As you can see, I'm ready to perform any dirty compromise in order to see all those efforts finally matching a satisfating point of end.

Posted By

TMR
on 2004-09-15
12:03:03

No, you don't understand; i just don't like taking over projects *generally* - the code is just one consideration, working with other people's data formats another, staying within set constraints... i tend to "evolve" game designs as i code 'em...

Posted By

funkydude
on 2005-08-21
03:23:40

Any update on this? This is a great demo game and has a lot to feature. Udo type programming happy Mike??

Posted By

Luca
on 2005-08-21
07:39:54

Unfortunately not
I haven't heard about Mike since months, and I also see that theURL must be sold anew...

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024