Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2004-08-07
14:25:58
 Shame on all us!

Plus/4 World & Demoscene.hu:
we searched for tape covers, we captured snapshots, we talked about missing games, we tried to fit weird hardware in our black boxes, we worked in order to push emulators at their best, we talked about PCs motherboards-demos-games-videoboards, we cited personal facts, talked about BasicV3.5 bugs, moved memories out of our minds...
While all this, TLT released the lonely only +4 20th anniversary demo of the whole scene.
Shame on all us...

Posted By

Csabo
on 2004-08-07
15:49:11
 Re: Shame on all us!

Listen and read carefully.

First of all I will agree with you on this point: the scene is releasing way too little software productions. We should have TONS demos and games coming out. (And when new stuff is released, we should rejoice and give feedback, and USE the stuff.)

However, DON'T put down searching for covers. All of the stuff you mentioned (talking about missing games, etc.) is also a tribute, it also helps us to keep the spirit of the Plus/4. You can't really say one is more important than the other. At least there is an interest there, let's be happy with that.

And the second thing is: by tying the need for new releases to the 20th anniversary date, you are making a dangerous assumption. If we only release stuff for "big events", there really won't be any life. New software should be coming regardless of anniversaries, etc.

And remember, 2004 is not over yet. Maybe some people just take damn too long to finish their work.

Posted By

Luca
on 2004-08-07
16:12:12

Mmmmm.....
Csabo, are you explaining the real role of covers and hidden stuff to me (!) knowing about my multirole support, or is the "listen and read carefully" advert for the whole scene? wink
I caught the 20th anniversary occasional fulcrum 'cause somewhere someone had just suggested a sort of celebrating megademo, we all know here...

Posted By

Csabo
on 2004-08-07
17:39:20

The covers, the talking, THIS what we are doing here... It's all good. Let's appreciate that, let's keep that. It's my way of saying thanks to the scene.

About the megademo... Yes, I've read those posts on the Hungarian forum. I've even got a few emails about it, some folks suggested to make a news posting. However - as far as I know - nothing has been finalized. So we have nothing else to do but wait it out. And hope.

What I keep worrying about is the 2004 MiniGame compo. They already have a bunch of Spectrum, Atari and even Apple II releases! Now if we ended up with NO Plus/4 releases, that would truly be a shame.

Posted By

Spector
on 2004-08-08
04:52:09

More than any other machine, the plus4 deserves new games, whether they be minigames or whatever. The other machines that are more popular and established, like C64, Spectrum etc came close to reaching their full potential the first time around back in the 80s - if nothing else was released, they would still be remembered for the great things they did. The plus4 never got near it's potential, so now is the time for people to find it. Well, I can only hope happy

Posted By

Luca
on 2004-08-08
07:31:00

I'm in the Minigame2004 compo rite now, but shamely as co-author of a c64 game.
Ready to join any +4 project!

Posted By

Csabo
on 2004-08-08
09:57:18

Well said, Spector. The full potential of what this machine is capable of has definitely NOT been reached! (Neither demos, nor games.)

Posted By

Nightbird
on 2004-08-08
11:08:09

Hi!

The main problem as I see it -and it is totally useless to talk about such things I know- is that new releases do not get attention as Csabo wrote it. Then why write; why write with haste? We talked about this with SVS regarding BalSYS..And if I don't write for the public, I can have my own pace of working...We do not value new releases, that's what I think..It's not a shame however...We are here...Others are not.

Time takes too much time :D

See you!

Posted By

MC
on 2004-08-09
03:35:36

Okay i'm at first so lazy, i have to admit! happy
Second problem is that i want to seize more money from anywhere i can, so i'm starting shareware projects which do and will take too much of my spare time. But if we finally _decide_ about a party schedule, i'll take my part in the cooperation 20years megademo and/or produce something myself.

Posted By

SVS
on 2004-08-12
02:57:28

>>> The full potential of what this machine is capable of has definitely NOT been reached! (Neither demos, nor games.)
OK this could be true, but I think that the full potential was nearer with utilities. Have never used Script+ capabilities or SuperBase, or +4 GEOS? (To not speak about my works Megassembler and BalSys)

P.S. - BalSys is able to emulate any original BAL command in average 0.09": not too bad isn't? The real proble is: WHO CARE OF IT?

Posted By

Lavina
on 2004-08-24
18:24:28

Come on guys, I should not be the only one that injects life to the scene... wink

20 years megademo is a must, and we will do it. What is this lack of motivation? I am really busy these days, I am sorry, but I would appreciate some initiative. Someone just should say that yes, I will fix the parts together with a good loader to make a nice trackmo from the parts. Or "just" a megademo if it is much easier....

Posted By

TMR
on 2004-08-25
07:13:28

Don't look at me, i've been working on games over a load of platforms and Lunar Blitz C16 willl be released by Cronosoft before too long (and then on the Cosine site an' here an'... =-)

Posted By

Luca
on 2004-08-28
12:26:28

Lavina: what about an official word on the 20 years megademo, in order to wake up all the oldest animals and new ppl on the scene?

Posted By

Nightbird
on 2004-08-30
13:33:21

Hi!

I would like to ask you all to drop a vote on the polls, please..It does actually -in the technical sense- does not matter what you vote for, just vote please...

Thank you again, and see you around in 2005 wink

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024