Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

DeadTED
on 2004-08-02
06:16:44
 Kids software for +4

Hey guys, I have a 2 year old daugter who loves playing with my +4 especially drawing pictures, (she moves the joystick around and the +4 puts various characters on the screen and she thinks its drawing happy and making sounds.

Is there anything in the software archive that would get her even more excited, the more interactive sounds and colors the better.

If there isn't then maybe I should start writing somthing. Instead of buying her one of those stupid plastic learning computers with tiny screens, she can use the +4!

Posted By

DeadTED
on 2004-08-02
06:18:15
 Re: Kids software for +4

I'm dreaming now but it would also be good if I could get speech on the +4 as it would enhance the interactive experience.

Posted By

Crown
on 2004-08-02
06:22:19

Try to get a Sega Pico machine, your daugther would love that.

Posted By

Lavina
on 2004-08-02
07:35:48

its fabulous.... I mean it's another good reason to use our beloved plussy.... :D

Maybe we should really write some fancy child-entertainment software... She could be the beta-tester.... :D It would not be such a big work to create something easy-to-use-and-colorful-soundful-ACME-cool-stuff.... happy

Posted By

SVS
on 2004-08-02
08:10:46

[+4 Man]:
the +4 speech software exists! I remember 2 titles: Speech +4 and S.A.M.
They simply add a few commands to BASIC so that you can easy use them into a Basic prg. (the lone limitation, if I'm not wrong, is that you have an half of available RAM, or so on)

P.S. - Have you read the BalSys Manual? happy

Posted By

DeadTED
on 2004-08-02
08:48:53

SVS. I have read the Balsys manual and started to play with Balsys. Still trying to draw some conclusions. By the way I will send you an updated copy of the manual with some minor gramatical corrections. The corrections should make it easier to read.

Posted By

SVS
on 2004-08-03
04:17:44

[+4Man]
Ok, thank you!

Posted By

Austin
on 2004-08-03
18:00:33

There was also Number Chaser by Commodore and another mathmatics game included in the 'ten games' pack sold in the eighties - I couldn't spot these in the software list, but perhaps I didn't look hard enough...

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024