Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Dunric
on 2004-07-28
19:12:35
 My third book (contains much Commodore information)

I've been quite busy lately, but this information is the latest on my Commodore-related works.

I have written my third ever book. Much of it deals with stories about my days as a Commodore user and enthusiast. The book itself is entitled "Hallowed Whispers" and is available through Lulu.com below:

http://my.lulu.com/content/65716

Although this is an autobiography of sorts, there is an extensive section on my Commodore 64/128/+4 days, including stories about writing adventure games, some of my Save-With-Replace bug mis-adventures and even full-color pictures of my Commodore 128 system, C-64 adventure games and other CBM-related pictures.

So much of this autobiography covers the Commodore 64/128/+4, in fact, that dozens of pages of stories were included from my days as a Commodore regular (between 1982 and 2003). I also included screenshots to many of my Commodore adventures, including "West Front to Apse".

Enjoy!

Sincerely,

Paul Panks
dunric@yahoo.com

Posted By

Csabo
on 2004-07-28
19:26:56
 Re: My third book (contains much Commodore information)

A lot of the games you write are buggy. Take a look at one of your latest, Orathan, which has a bug so huge that it makes the game impossible complete. How could this be released? If you are as good at writing books as your are at writing adventures, is it fair to assume that the book will have unfinished/inconherent sentences and typos?

I read the description of your book. "My mind is filled with chaos." you write. That does NOT make me want to read it. It's downright scary.

Posted By

DeadTED
on 2004-07-29
07:23:12

Without chaos, there can be no creativity.

Posted By

Lavina
on 2004-07-29
08:47:32

One of my adventures also contain a bug, but it can be finished anyway. I was very miserable as I discovered it after releasing the game; it's walkthrough was published in Commodore World Hungarian diskmag....

In the English version I corrected the bug... happy

Quiz question: Which adventure was it , and what was the bug?

Posted By

Dunric
on 2004-07-31
21:19:42

I have (finally) fully edited and released "Hallowed Whispers". This book
talks about my battles with Schizophrenia, but also discusses in great detail my days on the Commodore 64, some of my Commodore adventure games and other stories. It also includes pictures of a
few of my Commodore adventure games (in the Appendix section).

Here are the details on my new book:

http://my.lulu.com/content/66553

Hallowed Whispers
by Paul Panks

ISBN: 1-4116-1049-0

Description: It began slowly. I heard a voice. And then another. And another. Until my mind was filled with chaos. Make of this book what you will, but read it nonetheless. You will learn many things. Some good. Some bad. And some out of this world. (128 pages)
Copyright Year: © 2004 by Paul Panks and Lulu, Inc.
Language: English
Lulu Sales Rank: Not Yet Ranked

Sincerely,

Paul

Posted By

Csabo
on 2004-07-31
22:22:06

Oh My God! I'm sorry to hear about your illness.

Posted By

Dunric
on 2004-08-01
00:31:17

Actually, it's been a long held secret for many years, heh.

I've been battling it for years. But I still manage to be quite productive in writing games, books, etc.

Everyone has some skeletons in the closet, so to speak. Mine just happen to be real.

Paul

Posted By

zzap64
on 2004-08-16
21:26:40

Just ordered it! At only $1.88 for the download version, you can't really go wrong!! happy

Posted By

Dunric
on 2004-08-19
23:50:32

If anyone would like to review my book(s), please do so at:

http://www.lulu.com/dunric

My best books are "The Rosetta Star" and "Light Years Beyond Reality". "Hallowed Whispers" is still a work in progress, but has some interesting information (about me) inside (including pictures of my cat Sammy, some of my computer work, etc).

Both books should be available shortly in Borders Stores (locally and perhaps nationwide, too). See:

http://www.bordersstores.com/search/search.jsp?srchTerms=panks&mediaType=1&srchType=Author

Paul

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024