Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

vintageg​amecrazy
on 2004-07-17
02:24:07
 Commodore Plus/4 game list

Does anyone here have or know where I can get a complete release list of plus 4 games I would like cart,disc,tape but nothing that wasn't released on some sort of format. I am new to this computer and want to collect so if anyone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

Posted By

MIK
on 2004-07-17
02:47:52
 Re: Commodore Plus/4 game list

If your after Commercially released games then check out our game Covers archive, its the largest collection of covers on the internet containing around 90% if not more of everything that was Commercially released. That will point you in the right direction. There is an option to view all aswell.

We also have a Software page where you can list any type of software into Category, Release Date, etc....

Posted By

Spector
on 2004-07-17
07:57:11

That's a damn good set of lists you've got there - I didn't realise that there were so many 64K games. I thought that 98% of games released for the machines were 16K, but even accounting for the freeware releases like Commando in 1992, there seems to be more than that.

Posted By

Ulysses777
on 2004-07-17
14:26:13

Only about 2/5ths of the games listed on this site are commercial games. Of those, I'd imagine a high percentage of them (but not quite 98%) are 16K. happy

Another thing to remember, is that some games (like Jet Set Willy, Diamond Mine II, Saboteur and Indoor Soccer) have 64K versions which were released on the same tapes as the C16 versions. happy

Posted By

Csabo
on 2004-07-17
16:31:55

It's is a SHAME that these figures cannot be accessed straight from the user interface. Having this list - Yes, THE definitive Plus/4 software list - is pretty much the purpose of the site. Of course admins can pull out some numbers from the database directly, but there's obviously a need and interest. We will create a page that will allow everyone to do advanced searches - or at least to sort those long software lists by any column. It will be done! In time, that is wink

Posted By

vintageg​amecrazy
on 2004-08-01
04:17:30

Does the cover section contain tapes,carts, and discs? Or does it contain just tapes?

Thanks

Posted By

Csabo
on 2004-08-01
17:46:42

It does cover all of those. Anything that is a C16/Plus4 release and has a cover is there. Most of them are tapes, but we have all kind of other box covers, disk covers, etc. There are a few non-commercial covers as well - disk based demos that had an artistic disk cover.

Posted By

Austin
on 2004-08-03
15:53:28

This is all making me feel physically sick since I threw all my software away about 5 years ago, long before I bough a PC and got the internet etc.

I had a bit of kit called WISP, (Window Icon Silicondisk Pointer) it was quite a good programming aid (for basic) but took ages to load from my Datasette...

I also had a copying tool - I think these were by Wizard software but I'm unsure, anyone else remember these?

Posted By

Ulysses777
on 2004-08-03
16:51:33

You can see an advert for Wizard Software here, but the only one of their programs on this site is Merlin Assembler.

Austin, do you remember if Wizard Software's programs were only available through mail order, or were they in shops too? happy

Posted By

Austin
on 2004-08-03
17:37:40

In reply to the above question from U777 I'm sure these were only mail order, certainly in the UK (where I live) - thanks for the link to the advert, it brought back alot of memories but I couln't see any reference to the WISP package....

As I remember Mirror copy wasn't very good actually, there was just a list of games that it would back up and if you didn't have one of those - tough!

Posted By

JamesC
on 2004-08-04
00:13:05

SuperSprite and WISP are available from the cbm264.com Jim Hehl Download Page. Click on the "48 new disks uploaded" link and scroll to the bottom of the screen.

Electrik Pencil might be in the Lightpen software .zip shown on Jim's page also.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2004-08-04
18:10:51

W.I.S.P. was also on the 42A disk in our D64 Recall archive. Luca took it upon himself to go through it. (Or was that the TomHX Archive?) Anyway, as the example shows we have still lots of piece of software that need to be added to the database.

ps. James, the D64 file you are hosting seems to have an invalid directory header.

Posted By

JamesC
on 2004-08-05
07:45:14

Csabo, I just checked the disk image. Although it seems broken, it functions. I attribute this to a possible disk-based copy protection. Since the disk itself was archived by Jim Hehl, I don't have the original floppy to compare against.

DLOAD"*
RUN
at the next Ready prompt, press F8 to begin WISP.

Posted By

Gaia
on 2004-08-05
10:59:36

What's up with Jim these days, by the way? I haven't seen him showing up here for quite a while.

Posted By

JamesC
on 2004-08-06
07:55:45

I saw that Jim breezed through here a couple of times earlier this summer, but I didn't hear anything from him.

Posted By

Mosh
on 2004-08-06
10:02:25

I have Black Cat, The Mirror and Electrik Pencil... scored in an ebay auction a couple of years ago. I just figured Black Cat and the Mirror were text adventures, so I never bothered trying to load them.

Might have to do that now.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024