Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

russnet
on 2004-05-27
04:49:01
 Treasure Island X Rated!

I don't know if this is just my perverted mind but when I play Treasure Island these days and our little hero friend happens to walk across the screen with a knife in his hand. For some reason, it reminds me of something perhaps a little bit more dirtier. But hey, it could just be me! Try the game and see what I mean!

Posted By

MIK
on 2004-05-27
07:25:04
 Re: Treasure Island X Rated!

No... dont spoil a good game. You pick up what looks to be a sword so lets keep it at that.

Posted By

marr6120
on 2004-05-27
08:51:58

Talking about Treasure Island... I downloaded the game from this site after reading good reviews and tried to play it using YAPE. However, I haven't got a joystick, so could someone tell me how to play this game using the keyboard? Are there any instructions on the net? Thanks in advance for your input! happy

Posted By

SVS
on 2004-05-27
08:54:24

You can enable Joy emulation (via PC keyboard) under Yape.

Posted By

Ulysses777
on 2004-05-27
13:47:48

You can choose from YAPE's input setup either keypad arrow keys or the normal cursor keys, with the 0/Ins key (on the keypad) for Fire in either mode. happy

Also, press Alt+J to switch joystick ports if needed. happy

Posted By

russnet
on 2004-05-27
17:02:32

Sorry Lando, you made me laugh!

On a serious note with the game. Try completing it as normal to the point you get the treasure and the pirate runs after you in some camp fashion. Well try this, make sure you have a knife on you at the time the pirate runs after you and if you throw the knife at him, it leaves a graphical mess on the screen at the point you killed him.

I still don't think that's a knife he's holding happy ...and as for the sound effect on Number Builder when the cash goes into the bank, what sort of noise is that, does the poor chap have bad stomach happy

Posted By

Csabo
on 2004-05-27
20:39:24

LOL, russnet! happy Man, you do have a perverted mind, but you said that first! wink Heheh. Along similar lines, check out TCFS' Wizard of Wor.

Posted By

marr6120
on 2004-05-28
03:24:10

Thanks for the tip regarding joystick setting! That solved the problem.

Posted By

LeeT
on 2004-05-28
12:05:15

You are not alone -I always thought it looked a bit (cough!) dodgy!
By the way, anyone who likes 'Treasure Island' - Go and download 'Willow Pattern Adventure' - It wasn't released for the C16/Plus4, but it came out on C64, Spectrum and Amstrad CPC - its very similar in Graphics, Gameplay and the map - However its an excellent game and (probably) my all-time favourite computer game (for some reason!)

Posted By

Ulysses777
on 2004-05-28
15:02:31

Maybe some of you have been playing Custer's Revenge on the Atari 2600 too much, perhaps? happy

As for Willow Pattern on the C64, the only differences between it and Treasure Island are the music and the background graphics. The sprite graphics and map layout are identical happy

It wasn't the first time that Mr. Micro released the same game with different names, the C64 version of Mayhem was originally released as Tribbles happy

Posted By

Csabo
on 2004-05-29
20:47:07

About Willow Pattern: it's actually mentioned on the Treasure Island page under notes. It's also in the interview I conducted with the author, Greg Duddle, back in September, 2000. I asked him about that specifically.

Posted By

durrutis column
on 2004-06-18
05:05:56

The weapons in Treasure island are called cutlasses!
Russnet: the pirate who runs after Jim has a wooden leg, how else do you expect him to run?

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024