Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

marr6120
on 2004-05-23
07:20:38
 Re: 1942 does not exist for the C16.

Luca, thanks for the quick reply! It's funny, I also had some doubts that I was perhaps mistaken about the two titles. I was about to say sorry for prematurely causing a stirup here. I don't know the relationship between Reach for the skies and 1942. I have a vague memory of the title. The title could have been Reach for the Skies and I changed it in my pirated version to read "Pacific 1942" perhaps inspired by the 1942 ads. I'm not sure now.

But I checked your site and the site for 1942 and I'm quite sure that the game I played around 1986/87 is not the one shown on the RFTS site. The graphics were WAY better, they had real arcade quality. I saw in the mail at the top of this thread written by Lando a mention of RFTS and saying that it was a top notch game back then. So either I'm mistaken about the 1942 game or the screenshot given for RFTS is not authentic.

Still, I remember the "1942" game that I had had a distinctly Pacific setting with Japanese planes (with typical red dots on them) and looked very authentic (there were some Zero fighters and some of the big Jap bombers in olive green). The RFTS cover, by contrast, shows a Battle of Britain scene, so it cannot be the same game.

I checked the 1942 ad and the screenshots match the game I remember (with the exception that there was probably no 1942 starting page as shown on the screenshots). I'm still a little confused about the title, though. I seem to remember that I renamed the game "Pacific 1942" from "Reach for the Skies".

Perhaps someone here can tell me about the "Reach for the Skies" game so I can verify if it is the one I played. It doesn't look like the game shown on the site Luca points to.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024