Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

marr6120
on 2004-05-23
06:34:49
 1942 DID exist for the C16!!!

Hello all! I just discovered this wonderful website about the C16/Plus4 today! Many thanks for the makers of this website! I'm really enjoying the 80's flashbacks I get while surfing this site. I had a C16 from 1985 on until I sold it cheap around 1992. I really regret that now...

Anyway, back to the topic. I was rather amazed that the prevalent opinion on this site seems to be that the game 1942 never existed for the C16. But I can confirm that it DID exist. And what a game it was!!! happy It's a coincidence that there's such a discussion as this game (I incorrectly remembered the title to be Pacific 1942) was my absoulute favorite game on the C16. It easily put most games for the 64 to shame, and I'm not exaggerating.

I had a C16 with 64k expansion (solded the chip in myself like everybody else in those days. wink But I'm pretty sure that it ran on the C16 without expansion.

1942 had the best and fastest graphics of any C16 game I've played (other favorites include "Tom"). The sound was also top notch for C16 standards. I played this game to death, a real killer game. I remember the game title was actually 1942 - Reach for the Sky. I believe I had the original borrowed from a friend and I cracked the game, adding some tag line on the starting screen... wink Unfortunately I lent the tape with my fav games to two young brothers in Kelkheim, Germany and never got the tape back.

I can't believe nobody has seen this gem of a game! I would really like to swap some great gaming memories with other C16 fans. 1942 was the absolute best for the C16. I still regret not having kept my C16 and the tape!

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024