Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

AaronGale
on 2004-04-29
19:13:21
 Most Catchy Tune

What would you guys rate as the most catchy computer game tune / music? I really have been trying to find a nice memorable ringtone for my new mobile phone and all I have come up with so far is some classic arcade games such as Bubble Bobble, Super Mario, Rainbow Islands... it is currently set to a nice version of Pac Man! What a great use of a 40 chord polyphonic phone, lol.

I would like to find a good C16 tune though...

Any ideas?

Posted By

MIK
on 2004-04-29
21:13:49
 Re: Most Catchy Tune

I guess the best side to look would be the C64. SID rulez and many of the tunes rocked. Also try the amiga side wink

One man and his Droid would be cool, C64 - Rob Hubbard. happy

Posted By

Csabo
on 2004-04-29
21:40:01

I think the consensus is that the tune of Monty on the Run is a classic, very catchy, well made game tune. (Also by Rob Hubbard, by the way.) There are many such tunes, however. But that particular one would probably be a good candidate for ring-tone conversion! Too bad the original C16 version of the game didn't have the music included, but this THS crack does: Monty on the Run (THS).

Posted By

Lavina
on 2004-04-30
02:37:57

My guess would be BANDITS. happy It is so melancolic, so touching, so 80's happy

When the night comes, the lonely predator of the sky turns on the music in his cockpit and getting ready for refuelling... wink

Posted By

Luca
on 2004-04-30
07:26:03

Argh, Laszlo, you've stolen my suggestion!
Ok, I'll find another, then....mmm..
Wadda ya think about...Terranova?

Posted By

MIK
on 2004-04-30
16:35:39

Some of these new mobi phones infact use midi files. Aaron might be worth checking what format yours suuports and software.. Might be able to convert midi to you phone aswell?

If so then here a site full to the brim with gaming midis.
Link: http://www.vgmusic.com/

Posted By

Stuart Wilson
on 2004-04-30
16:52:42

I remember really liking the theme tune to Trailblazer on the Plus 4. Thought that was really catchy...... oh and also Tutti Fruitti!!

Posted By

MIK
on 2004-04-30
17:05:53

Agree there, Trailblazer C16/Plus4 is proberly the most catchy tune of them all on our machine.

Terranova is the finest TED of them all, (for its time anyway). wink

Posted By

Ulysses777
on 2004-04-30
22:16:18

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ulysses777/trailblazer.mid
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ulysses777/tuttifrutti.mid

MIDI versions of the Trailblazer and Tutti Frutti music happy

I made these some time ago for my phone, I didn't think that anyone else would be interested in them (they're plain replicas of the TED music) happy

Posted By

MIK
on 2004-05-01
04:52:32

Ulysses777 very cool. Amazing how the voices you used sound like TED, well almost!! Onboard midi on my sound card sucks, just played it on my Yamaha and they sound lush! happy

I can't afford a new fancy phone, if I had one I'd use your mid's. happy

You should get Csabo to add them on the site for each game, I would do it now but dont know how to add music files in the way Csabo has set it up.

Cheers!

Posted By

AaronGale
on 2004-05-01
17:35:18
 Great suggestions

Thanks for the ideas guys, Trailblazer and Tuttifrutti are both nice, I got some of the other from the vgmusic website but a lot are the whole tune which is 3 - 4 minutes long and I'm looking for something which is instantly recognisable in the first 15 seconds or so. So for the time being, I'm still looking...

Posted By

Mosh
on 2004-05-03
23:54:09

Mr Puniverse... so catchy that it gets in you head ans taysthere, and stays there, and stays there... happy

Posted By

MIK
on 2004-05-04
10:13:18

Mosh, happy

For me its Big Mac, an amazing little tune and one I never will forget.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024