Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2004-04-11
06:52:46
 Re: Tom Thumb Techno

Cheers Csabo! Yeah m8 I know for one how hard it really is to recreate Tom Thumbs music and every note for that matter. You buddy pulled it off with yours which is awesome!!!

To make it techno sounding I couldn't use all the notes so I used the essence of the tune its self, maybe you have to play it twice before you hear and get the feel of the Tom style/tune.

Yeah what you hear is the Yamaha playing. I love the keyboard but when I got it and found out how slow it was to uses the built-in sequencer (saving to floopy for everything you do), I almost cryed! Last week I thought I'd go looking for some way of getting the PC to be the sequencer via midi and bought blindly Cakewalk Home Studio 2004. The guy in the shop said this was all I needed, but didn't know if it supported XG. Well it does support XG which I'm pleased to say. I spent most of last week playing with the software to see what it could do so this Tom Techno sort of happened over the last week messing about.

Although I have a good result from what I can do with the software its a bit more powerful than the keyboard its self as I found out! The Piano I used an Echo Delay which you can control the timings, how many notes it echos, delays and so forth. Amazing, but when I save it as a midi file and play it normally it doesn't pick up the echo delay.... So only the software can pull off what I did to the piano.

Of course all the volumes sound correct coming from the keyboard speakers.. Anyway I used one PC to play the tune and another to record what the keyboard was playing. I dont have enough cables to hear and record in at the same time so it was a one off recording. Too much bass, piano is too loud and other sounds you can't hear how loud they are ment to be.

I'll works some more on it and try and get a good volume balance all round with any luck. Just wish I had more cables to record with and the shpos are shut!!!!! If PC's used phono plugs I'd be fine! wink

Thanks for adding it to the Tom page, I tryed to do it but the way to do so isn't as easy as adding other things. Not to worry about changing it as adding sound files are rare anyway.

Glad you liked it. Cheers

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024