Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2004-04-10
14:48:16
 Tom Thumb Techno

More like a case of Tom Thump. wink

Sorry, no control over recording my keyboard so it has alot of bass. I just about recorded what little I did as it was.

Anyways I was wanting to do a Terra Nova remix in the same style as this Tom Techno, but after a week it changed into Tom Thumb as I was suffering as to what to do with it. Tom was ringing in my ears so today I gave it the Robbert Miles (Children) treatment for a couple of bars. happy

Sorrys its not finished or anything, but I've been at it all day and had a gut full. My head is pounding. wink

Download: tom_thumb_techno.mp3 1.3MB

Posted By

Csabo
on 2004-04-10
18:33:08
 Re: Tom Thumb Techno

Sorry? For what? Man, this ROCKS!!! Woow! Really, really cool! I added it to the Tom Thumb page. Did you do this on your Yamaha? Very nice job!

Posted By

MIK
on 2004-04-11
06:52:46

Cheers Csabo! Yeah m8 I know for one how hard it really is to recreate Tom Thumbs music and every note for that matter. You buddy pulled it off with yours which is awesome!!!

To make it techno sounding I couldn't use all the notes so I used the essence of the tune its self, maybe you have to play it twice before you hear and get the feel of the Tom style/tune.

Yeah what you hear is the Yamaha playing. I love the keyboard but when I got it and found out how slow it was to uses the built-in sequencer (saving to floopy for everything you do), I almost cryed! Last week I thought I'd go looking for some way of getting the PC to be the sequencer via midi and bought blindly Cakewalk Home Studio 2004. The guy in the shop said this was all I needed, but didn't know if it supported XG. Well it does support XG which I'm pleased to say. I spent most of last week playing with the software to see what it could do so this Tom Techno sort of happened over the last week messing about.

Although I have a good result from what I can do with the software its a bit more powerful than the keyboard its self as I found out! The Piano I used an Echo Delay which you can control the timings, how many notes it echos, delays and so forth. Amazing, but when I save it as a midi file and play it normally it doesn't pick up the echo delay.... So only the software can pull off what I did to the piano.

Of course all the volumes sound correct coming from the keyboard speakers.. Anyway I used one PC to play the tune and another to record what the keyboard was playing. I dont have enough cables to hear and record in at the same time so it was a one off recording. Too much bass, piano is too loud and other sounds you can't hear how loud they are ment to be.

I'll works some more on it and try and get a good volume balance all round with any luck. Just wish I had more cables to record with and the shpos are shut!!!!! If PC's used phono plugs I'd be fine! wink

Thanks for adding it to the Tom page, I tryed to do it but the way to do so isn't as easy as adding other things. Not to worry about changing it as adding sound files are rare anyway.

Glad you liked it. Cheers

Posted By

MC
on 2004-04-11
09:43:05

Very good but too short happy

Posted By

MIK
on 2004-04-11
10:14:09

Cheers happy

I'm head deep at it now, fingers crossed what I'm doing now which comes after what you've played will work out... wink

Posted By

MIK
on 2004-04-11
15:49:47

Udo was amazing!!

I'm a tease but man its coming along sweet. happy

Posted By

MIK
on 2004-04-12
18:30:44

happy Ok!

You want more MC then you have it. All of 3.15 mins of jumping up and down madness. wink

This is the final version guys, good volume levels, stereo and the correct URL in the ID info (opps).

Hope you all enjoy it as much as I did re-creating some of the best of Udo's Tom Thumb and a tad more!

Download: tom_thumb_techno.mp3 (final version) 3.1 MB

Posted By

MC
on 2004-04-14
04:04:11

Fine! Can i upload it to nectarine for airing? (www.scenemusic.net)

Posted By

MIK
on 2004-04-14
06:35:57

Sure the track is free for all.

I didn't know there was such a site.

Let us know how you get on wink Credit Udo and his games for C16/Plus4 if you can..

Cheers!

Posted By

MC
on 2004-04-16
02:06:19

This site is good, i'm listening it in nearly all my worktime.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024