Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2004-02-23
21:23:47
 Re: Some stuff

I have a few things to add to all of this.

Data Protection Act: The only thing the site stores about visitors is IP(s), a hit counter, and last visited page/date/time. No personal stuff whatsoever. The members listed on the site have all gave their consent (and have access to) their personal details. (Plus, as I mentioned, the member detail pages are NEVER indexed, and if the member chooses to enter their email address, it will be converted to the xxx (at) zzz dot com format.) Let it be said that if someone has ANY problems or further privacy concerns, we (admins) are around, and at least Lando is actually a nice guy.

Both the proxy IP and the "real" IP are logged (if available). The proxy is used to identify the user though, intentionally. It happens to me at work too, no matter which computer I use, the proxy IP is the same, so I can see private messages. TLC, I should hope that at your workplace there are no other Plus/4 freaks visiting our site, right?

About JamesC and his cbm264.com: we will continue to respect his copyrights, and we will not, in any way, distribute any of his downloads. I understand his point, and if I had a company and were in his shoes, I would probably expect the same. Asking for those warez is a bannable offense! There's still lots of other free Plus/4 software to go around. Which reminds me, shouldn't we be talking about stuff that actually concerns the good-old Commodore Plus/4?

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024