Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

JamesC
on 2004-02-20
22:31:36
 Re: Privacy

I would like to say that myself, as probably the only quasi-member of this site (I am here but I don't exist, hehe), am not bothered by IP tracking. It is handy when I am using different computers throughout the day, as I can still come back to Plus4.Emucamp and receive any instant messages.

Csabo does use persistent cookies, that is how I can set the forum to display Who's Online at the top of the forum page, etc. Maybe you have your browser set to delete cookies upon closing the browser window, or you clean your system using a third-party program that is deleting your cookies for this site. When I was a member here, my cookies did not disappear unless I manually removed them. The only major thing about NOT being logged in is that you have to enter your name manually when you post a message, and maybe some download links are for members only.

As far as the disagreement between Csabo and any other users here, maybe that particular discussion should be taken to private email. Last I saw this forum was not intended for throwing flames, and I would hate to see that happen here.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024