Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2004-01-10
04:21:05
 MikeD, Mike...

On +4world, Mike Dailly had 2 accounts, named Mike and MikeD. The personal data sheet reports the latter, but I guess Mike now logs with the former! Hence, if you try messaging him, he'll never read your message!
This time I use the mboard, excuse me.

Mike!
Wadda we do with that game? Will you code the long time famous playable demo or I can consider the project as "suspended" (thus sending musics for the next HVSC update marking them as "unfinished project musics")?

Posted By

Mike
on 2004-01-10
06:32:55
 Re: MikeD, Mike...

*sigh*.....its one of those things isnt it.... I would still like to see it finished one day, but we all know how busy I can get. I also have some other personal projects that take priority, hence giving up on emulator programming as well.

Its up to you though.... I may finish it one day, but this being the real world... it may never get done.

I would also consider someone else taking over the code, but I'm sure anyone else would want to start from scratch.

so...your call dude....I'll keep the website up and running no matter what, so if someone else does it, then you can use the site, otherwise, I'll keep it there till I do it............. one day.

For anyone thats interested......... the code is actually fairly good. The whole reason I started it, was to use modern methods to make an old game. The sprites routine is a fast linear/cacheing system, and could be used in a range of things....which was the intent at the time. So, I would consider someone taking over the code... but the idea was that after, it would form the backbone of a free framework for people.... so it had to remain flexable.

My problem is, every time I get a couple of free days, it takes me that to remember how it all works again! happy

Posted By

Lavina
on 2004-01-12
10:10:12

well, try to make some notes... wink

Posted By

Luca
on 2004-01-13
06:40:19

Mh, I'm quite sad about your lack of time, Mike: I'd liked alot our steps forward about this project, hence it is a real pity you have no spare time.
Reading your words, I see that the project is far from being marked as canceled, and it sounds cool. Let's see which road the project will take.

Posted By

Mike
on 2004-01-16
13:58:59

Yeah... I know... But thats why I said it was up to you. I still "hope" to progress...one day, but you just never know. So while I dont consider it dead, it can't promis when I'll ever get back to it.

hay-ho.

Posted By

Lavina
on 2004-01-19
03:26:17

well, I put the time from watching TV to coding... Normally this is enough... happy

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024