Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Nightbird
on 2004-01-05
15:43:34
 How to play:Mercenary?

Hi!

Well, this is something stupid too I guess. I always wanted to ask someone, how to play Mercenary. I have a game info with a map in one of the Plus/4 games book, but can't do much. Well, at least I don't understand how to open doors, go into rooms (since there are no doors and rooms, just buildings). I just go through the walls, stand in a building and nothing is as it supposed to be in all the descriptions I've read..And now I've been curious..

Thank you for any enlightment!

Posted By

Ulysses777
on 2004-01-05
16:05:02
 Re: How to play:Mercenary?

First of all, hopefully you know all the keyboard controls (they're shown at the bottom of the Mercenary page on this site.)

Some starter tips for you:-

After you crash on the planet, buy the Dominion Dart, then fly around for a while and eventually you'll be contacted by the Palyars with a job offer, and they'll give you some co-ordinates.

In the area of the co-ordinates, there should be a building which resembles a three-sided cage. These are elevators (there are a few others in the city). Stand within one and press E to go down. Now you'll see the doors and stuff happy . To go back up, press E in the room where you came down in (Hangar).

Posted By

Csabo
on 2004-01-05
16:22:50

Ulysses, you beat me! I was taking screenshots! wink You covered everything well, so I don't have anything to add. You've avoided giving the coordinates, so the two screens I just added may be a spoiler... Mercenary - Images

Posted By

Crown
on 2004-01-06
07:23:00

I remember there was at least three way to finish this game:
1. you could collect a million credit, fix the radio, and rent an interstellar ship.
2. There was an interstellar ship you could get if you finished some mission, tough I don't remember what that was.
3. It was possible to steal the above mentioned ship as well, I think you needed like the antigrav to take it out of the hangar with you, and a hyperdrive as well...

Any other solutions?

Posted By

Nightbird
on 2004-01-06
10:48:50

Thank you for the tips, I might get started sometimes. But I still don't understand the purpose of the buildings (then despite the elevator/lift) on the surface.

Thank you again!

Posted By

Csabo
on 2004-01-06
11:44:14

The buildings on the surface really don't have much purpose, you could think of them as decoration. The game is mainly played inside the complexes.

However, the in the Palyar briefing they mention that if you destroy all the Mechanoid Buildings, you will get a 'special gratitude'. For that, you will need the "Metal Detector" item, it will tell you who owns each building, Palyars or Mechanoids.

Posted By

bszggg
on 2004-01-06
13:24:28

Sorry, only hungary.
http://amigos.amiga.hu/plus4/plus4/jatekleiterk/mercenary.htm

Posted By

TMR
on 2004-01-06
13:34:17

The buildings do have a purpose but you won't find that out until later. Just watch out for (and more importantly!) don't shoot any signs with the Commodore symbol or the word Encounter on 'em! =-)

Posted By

Adam
on 2004-01-06
13:38:22

Aha! Now the light gets brighter in my head and spreads over the hills of the realms covered with the shadow of eternal lameness caused by the modern pc games -IswearIdontplayjuststartrekgamesbuttheydontmakemedumb - but as in good tales the light prevails (well the opposite of darkness is not light, but even greater darkness, think of it!). Sorry for this, it's just 'one of my turns coming home' wink

Truly, thank you, the pictures helped my a lot, the text is the same as the src 100+4!

Have a nice day

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024