Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

James
on 2001-01-30
 Downloaded PRGs

I have found that a lot of software for the C16/Plus4 that I have downloaded from the Internet, is for PAL machines. It's not a problem with a Minus/4 emulator on my PC, but putting these games on a floppy and taking them to my Plus/4 gives me the horizontal lines as well.

All of the games that give me problems are machine-language programs that load as BASIC programs (they have a line like "10 SYS4109 Crunched by So-and-So").

I haven't had the time, but I suspect that doing some searching for code that messes with bit 6 of , and just bypassing it, might solve the problem; but that would have to be repeated on all PAL software downloaded for use on a real Plus/4. In the meantime, I just use the emulator if I want to play with it that badly.

Until someone codes the IBM-compatiable's hard drive into their emulator as a 1541/1551/1571/1581-compatiable floppy, I would still prefer to be able to use my real Plus/4. It would be nice to be able to program my own programs in the emulator to 'change directory' like on a 1581 (for compatibility reasons) or for the emulator's disk-write routines to be stable enough to save high-score tables or word processing documents onto my hard drive.

James

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024