Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Otaru
on 2000-11-09
 Running PRG files on a REAL plus 4 ...

I decided to do it, and finally I did it yesterday. I used the X1541 cable and Star Commander to put the PRG files on a 5 1/4 disk, and then connecting my 1541-II on the Plus 4... and it worked!! I just have one problem... in games like Commando Plus 4, POD, and the BARBARIAN series, the image gets corrupted when the game runs, it just shows random colored lines horizontally on the screen, but the music can be heard.. (BTW, Barbarian has incredible music..!)

What's the problem here? Is it because the games from here are PAL? I live in Mexico and I bought my Plus 4 in Florida last year, so I think my plus 4 is NTSC. Is this the problem, or is it something else? How can I get these games to work on my Plus 4? (Games like Mr.Puniverse, Spectipede, Aliens and others are working fine...)

Any help WILL be appreciated.

Thanks!

Posted By

James
on 2001-01-30
 Downloaded PRGs

I have found that a lot of software for the C16/Plus4 that I have downloaded from the Internet, is for PAL machines. It's not a problem with a Minus/4 emulator on my PC, but putting these games on a floppy and taking them to my Plus/4 gives me the horizontal lines as well.

All of the games that give me problems are machine-language programs that load as BASIC programs (they have a line like "10 SYS4109 Crunched by So-and-So").

I haven't had the time, but I suspect that doing some searching for code that messes with bit 6 of , and just bypassing it, might solve the problem; but that would have to be repeated on all PAL software downloaded for use on a real Plus/4. In the meantime, I just use the emulator if I want to play with it that badly.

Until someone codes the IBM-compatiable's hard drive into their emulator as a 1541/1551/1571/1581-compatiable floppy, I would still prefer to be able to use my real Plus/4. It would be nice to be able to program my own programs in the emulator to 'change directory' like on a 1581 (for compatibility reasons) or for the emulator's disk-write routines to be stable enough to save high-score tables or word processing documents onto my hard drive.

James

Posted By

MIK
on 2000-11-11
 This could be an NTSC problem like you say?

If anyone else is reading and can give us a clue why, this would be great.

Has any of the emu coders tried adding a NTSC option to your Plus4 emulators to see what happens. I guess an NTSC Plus4 would run faster than PAL ?

thanks.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024