Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Plus4Vampyre
on 2003-11-20
 Rare games?

Hi to all.
the http://plus4world.com/ is the best c16/c116/plus4 homepage ever wink - but a think one point is missing there is no note if a game is very easy to find - easy to find - hard to find - rare - very rare -...
Can anybody tell me which games a rare and very rare? OK it depends where you live some titles are easy to find in germany (kingsoft), but hard to get in england - some titles like the ten commodore games are easy to find in england but hard to find in germany. Some titles are very hard to find all over the world - but which games?

Posted By

MC
on 2003-11-20
 Re: Rare games?

IMHO every game added in 2003 or later is a rare one or else we would have it uploaded earlier :D

Posted By

MIK
on 2003-11-20

If they are on the site for downloading then they are not rare. wink

Of course real rares are the originals and there are a number of them, but too many to list.

Try hunting down an original copy of Mercenary on disk for the Plus/4, check the Mercenary page and take a look at the disk cover. wink

Death or Glory, only one original copy is know to exist and is owned by Luca. Sure there are more but no one else has it??? happy

Gaia found this year The Real Stunt Experts! This game has been hidding for 15 years as none of us knew about it happy

Much of what Udo Gertz sent us is truely RARE!! Demo's of well know games and the once lost for ever "Challenger" which was renamed GWNN because of the space shuttle accident back in 1986. Udo him self is RARE happy

too many to list..... wink

Posted By

Ulysses777
on 2003-11-20

I got hold of a copy of Death Or Glory from vintagecomputer.co.uk not long ago happy

Posted By

MIK
on 2003-11-20

happy Wow thats 2 known copys! happy Still rare by all means.

Posted By

Mosh
on 2003-11-20

If anyone finds a C16 copy of The Search for King Solomons Mines, then they can consider that they have a truly rare game. I no longer have the copy I owned in the 1980's.

I received my copy of Scott Adams Scoops yesterday, I'll make TAP's of it soon.

Posted By

Plus4Vampyre
on 2003-11-21

I have a german disk version of Mercenary - the english disk version is on the way. Also on the way are six games from ADVENTURESOFT / PAXMAN. I saw that some of the prg files are missing and wanted. I find a nice page for covers http://www.stairwaytohell.com/games/
there you can find every cover fo the ADVENTURESOFT / PAXMAN series - ok they are for electron/ sinclair or bbc but most of them similar to the commodore. Lando can you correct the Distribution on the websides for the paxman series? By the way I like the cover overview as you did at the "commodore" very much, so you can see every cover of the distributor

Posted By

Luca
on 2003-11-21

...and never forget the unseen software rarities:
Avenger, SWAT, Thing on a Spring, Space Harrier, 1942...

Posted By

Mosh
on 2003-11-22

Maybe a availability marker could be added to the games database for known commercial games. For example Mr Puniverse could be marked as common, Cuthbert in the Cooler marked as uncommon, Death or Glory as very rare.

The frequency that games appear on ebay for sale could be used as a guide to their availability.

Posted By

MIK
on 2003-11-22

Every game is rare when it comes to eBay wink

To be honest alot of games that were sold for more than £2.99 can be classed as uncommon because people didn't believe in buying the expensive titles.

Anything on disk is rare more so in the UK. People didn't buy disk drives over here as they cost 3 times more than a Plus4 at the time.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024