Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

TMR
on 2003-11-18
 Graphics formats

Okay, so i know how a multicolour picture is stored on the Plus/4 'cos i've done them, but is there a popular file format like Koala on the C64 for an image?

Posted By

MC
on 2003-11-18
 Re: Graphics formats

I don't think so happy
But most of the gfxers were using Multiboticelli for drawing fullscreen multi pics AFAIK.

Posted By

Luca
on 2003-11-18

MultiBotticelli,of course...

Posted By

TMR
on 2003-11-18

Okay, so never heard of it...! All i really need is where it loads to and the order of the file, anyone got that data or a sample file i can look around to work it out? It's either that or i come up with my own format that's probably going to be Koalapainter with an extra byte... =-)

Posted By

JamesC
on 2003-11-18

Be sure to read Jim Hehl's articles about graphic modes and converting between different graphics formats: Jim Hehl's Articles. You may find a format that you prefer to use, or at least learn how to convert C64 graphics to the Plus/4 with a minimum of headaches. happy

Posted By

Luca
on 2003-11-19

TMR, the Multibotticelli format is quite simple:
- 7800/7BE7 luminance1/luminance2
- 7BFA/7BFF 4D 55 4C 54 XX YY, where XX and YY are $FF16 and $FF15
- 7C00/7FE7 color1/color2
- 8000/9F3F bitmap

Posted By

TMR
on 2003-11-19

Luca: So if i add Multibotticelli to my converter will it be more useful than any other format you can think of? There'll be a "raw" save that just puts out bitmap data for C64 and Plus/4 anyway but i'd like a native so i can supply display code in source.

James: the converter is already written, it's just being extended for the Plus/4 and a few other 8bits. =-)

Posted By

Luca
on 2003-11-20

TMR: yeph, see Congo, for example, that support multibotticelli (in a real ugly way!) as plus4 gfx format.

Posted By

abcug
on 2003-11-20

*** A little bit offtopic and seems to self advertising, but who cares anyway happy)) ***

Check out this page for a crossplatform graphic editor. In this week I will release a new version (or a pre beta if I don't finish it in time) with much more effective drawing aids...If the link above isn't work try this one and download it directly from Plus4World.

*** This is my opinion but no one can beat it on plus4 ever happy
Also a PC to Plus4 FLI converter of Bubis support the main format of the editor... *kign!*

Posted By

MC
on 2003-11-20

i'm a beta tester, it's a good ware believe me happy

Posted By

TMR
on 2003-11-21

Okay, so which native format does your tool support? (Sneaky way to find out which mode is most popular... =-)

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024