Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Bryzian
on 2000-10-07
 i thought c16 was unkown

heh, i have like only 3 games for my c16. i mostly used to just mess around with basic. but then i couldn't even save that stuff cause i didn't have the tape drive. But i thought it was still cool till i got my nintendo. I had to setup my dedicated c16 memories page.

http://bryzian.homepage.com/c16/c16.html

It's very sad that i have memories of this machine.

Posted By

indi
on 2000-10-20
 Pooh...

Well, no. But it does make it a bit more complicated, and means you have to open them up.. Ah well... perhaps some day..

Mike

Posted By

Bryzian
on 2000-10-10
 RE: Getting roms

when you say "taking over the machine" im assume you mean as soon as you turn on the machine the game is there. And yes it does that. All 4 of my small collection of carts do that. Does that make them undumpable?

Posted By

mike
on 2000-10-10
 Getting ROM's...

If you can hook up the C16 to a PC, and the ROM does not take over the machine the way jack attack does, but is more like the 3-plus-1 software... then its easy to dump, without killing the cart.

Mike

Posted By

Gaia
on 2000-10-09
 Oops, I got this wrong?

Sorry, I am not able to dump this either
Besides I live in Europe, Hungary, so...
If this a sentimental thing it's better to keep it under lock Just thought, if you have the opportunity to dump it, let's have it till eternity Maybe, you can wait until you meet someone nearby you, who is able to do it!

Well, the cart itself actually did not come with all C16s!! Mine had not any cartridges, only two tapes and two books... Furthermore, the box case was largely different... After all, it was a different market here

Posted By

Bryzian
on 2000-10-09
 But...

Being the big emulation Fan that i am, and i am a big fan. I update emualtion news at uwizone.com, i have my own little NES emulation site, for I love my NES and i hate to have the thing break down. Which is why i play the games on computer now. it's just that i definatly want this cart back in one piece and working condition. But also shipping costs money. I Live in Racine, WI, USA. I have no clue where i am sending this thing. Plus, You have to be kidding me taht this cart is not dumped. Didn't it come with all C16s? Id love to have this thing dumped, but it's just the fear of losing it and the money it will cost me. But now that i think of it, it's not even being used. My C16 won't last very much longer. i don't use it because of that fear. If i didn't get it back, it would only be a sentimental loss. but im sure you wouldn't mind paying the shipping for it to send it back. LEt me know with some info and stuff and i will consider it.

Posted By

Gaia
on 2000-10-08
 Yes, but...

... think it over!!!

This is a matter of computer archaeology now!
We must conserve what we have for future generations! It's not just a matter of usefulness already.

For example, I'd be glad to make your Tutor Cart working in my C16/+4 emulator...

Dumping is not a big deal if you have the right person!! So, please!!!!! :-)))))

Posted By

Bryzian
on 2000-10-08
 C16 Tutor

Well the cartridge is at my parents house right now. They only live a block away from me though. But i don't have a cartridge dumper, and id hate to see the cartridge leave me. The c16 tutor cart is just one cart and it really didn't have much to it, just taught you all the functions on the keyboard.

Posted By

Gaia
on 2000-10-07
 You missed so much :-)

The C16 was a great little machine!!

I also had one with tape and josyticks and later with disk drive and printer as well... Oh yeah and its memory was expanded to 64K...

I've never seen that great looking box of the C16. I had a very different one which will be uploaded to my site soon, as I find the time to scan the picture.

It would be great to be able to dump those C16 Tutor cartridges of yours to save them for the future... Any possibility to do it?

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024