Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

SVS
on 2003-09-25
 Re: Discussion about plus4world

My contribute to discussion:
IMHO to promote the interest to "our" Plus/4 and site we need:

a) Less games but more utilities: if we are targeting programmer people we need be atractive for them, by offering new software to develope and to use Plus4 (non only to play).
b) Collecting games and demos, and their covers could help for a first contact, but I think these are less important than new tools (or discovery of unknown tools).
c) Demos. The goal of DEMOs should be to DEMOnstrate the powerful of some (new) utilities and the power of the machine, avoiding to show own skin. What is the useness of a demo with special Fx if nobody knows how they were obtained?
d) Spread the knowledge: If somebody of us has knowledge of a special dark corner of Plus4 (HW or SW) he should spread it with all the other users. Do you remember in the golden years the hard difficulty to find the essential info about the memory? I do, then I enthusiastically agree with Csabo to let "open" my (modest) knowledge. This point is important, people. If we have access to the knowledge (official but also not-official) we could skip a lot of double-work and we all are more attracted to start new releases.
It seems that only Csabo and me have done this, till now: Csabo published the sources of his works, I did ensemble all the known O.S. data and added my own discoveries to "Ultimate Map".
e) Languages: I suggest a link to a good net-translator to easy supply the service to non-English people, but also to enable us to read non-English sites (Hungarian...) with direct links if this is possible. The search engine too should do its work into Hungarian sites.
f) Voting: I don't think they are so useful. Competition is not so good in a small group. And the votes of games... have not sense if they are less than a considerable number (if only two persons votes 10 to a game, this will be ranked at top not consiering the opinions of great part of users). Remember that statistic gives true results only if great numbers are envolved.
g) Hardware. What about the SID card projects? There should be other good HW projects (and dreams happy ). never thought about a SuperPlus4? happy happy happy

Waiting for next opinions!

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024