Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2003-09-24
 Re: Discussion about plus4world

MC: Perhaps you should come up with some specific issues. It's clear that different people have different ideas about what is the scene, and what is considered "scene oriented".

Since 2000 I've been working on this database, and I collected all the scene groups and members, waiting for the scene to be revived. This place here is the largest tribute ever to our scene: all the groups and people are there, with as much info as possible. Not scene oriented enough? Perhaps. The Hungarian scene still doesn't want to come here though, which is something that I came to accept - it's fine, really. Regardless of my efforts to translate the site to Hungarian, I know the language barrier is still there.

There was some talk about being more like CSDB. Very nice website. They have 1800 groups and 6000 members. In a scene that big, I can understand the need for stuff like rating people. They have more than 800(!) musicians listed, for example, obviously you would want to know, who are the better ones.

We have a good active musician too on our scene, his name is Luca.

Do we need a complex search engine and voting system to get through all that data?

Anyway, come up with specific requests for changes. I know I'm a pain to deal with when it comes to that, but sometimes I can be persuaded.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024