Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

russnet
on 2003-09-14
 Re: Space Sweep

Picture this, I'm 7 and I waiting for my parents to buy me my first computer. I go into Comet and I wanted to get a Atari 800XL, the main reasons being that my friend had one and one of the games talked via the cassette whilst playing a game! There was a Commodore 64 but too expensive for my parents at the time. So as I went to get the Atari model, the sales assistant told us it had been sold out of stock.

So off I went with a Commodore Plus/4. Who would think that this little machine would carry the most memories out of all the computers I owned. Maybe it's something to do with growing up as a kid and you like to hold on to those childhood memories.

Anyway, my parents also bought a kettle that day, funny how I can connect things like that! So whilst they were happy with their kettle, I went to unpack the Plus/4 and went to play my first game (Number Builder!) For some reason when I tried to load the Space Sweep and Invaders tape, Space Sweep would load everytime but very rarely the Invaders game would rarely load.

Still always nice to know who the author was. Although he does look really young for his age. He must kicking on his late 30's/early 40's. Still he must have got some money out of Codemasters happy

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024