Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Waz
on 2024-09-27
13:49:46
 Vegas Jackpot - missing tune in HVTC

Good evening all,

Many years ago, when playing Vegas Jackpot, I managed to gamble all the way to win the £100 top prize (effectively four CHIP symbols in a row) and remember that you got a little jingle playing when you achieved this.

Upon doing a review recently, I managed to do the same achievement, and yes, the tune is there.

I did some looking into the code, and the main tunes seem to be called by setting the X and Y register with values and then doing a JSR $3300, with X being the start and Y being the end to compare in terms of note sequences, so what I can see from that is:

LDX 00 LDY 39 JSR 3300 - Game complete tune
LDX 40 LDY 5B JSR 3300 - Pop Goes the Weasel
LDX 60 LDY 88 JSR 3300 - Who Wants to be a Millionaire?
LDX 88 LDY 9E JSR 3300 - £100 win tune
LDX A2 LDY A8 JSR 3300 - little jingle before the nudge sound effects

May be useful if anyone is able to do a clean re-rip and update for HVTC?

Posted By

Csabo
on 2024-09-27
14:18:02
 Re: Vegas Jackpot - missing tune in HVTC

Awesome find, thank you for sharing this in such great detail happy

I quick verified this myself using your code, there is one tune missing from the HVTC file. But I suspect not for long, right @Luca? wink

Posted By

Luca
on 2024-09-28
03:14:32
 Re: Vegas Jackpot - missing tune in HVTC

Oooh that's quite handy, to have report about HVTC stuff, I need more of them, because the archive has gone larger than I would have expected in my wildest dreams.

Thank you @Waz, missed two jingles there, so I took the leap to write down a better code for it too. Test it as it is now, and please someone name the exact cover for the £100 jingle.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024