Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2024-03-24
16:32:35
 Re: Better SVideo and Composite output

My order arrived. Still want to buy an SVideo connector, though it will work without that too.

The topic only make sense if I do some "before' / "after" screenshots. :-D
Will need some time to prove it really works as expected.

I have few more pieces (because the assembly cost drastically reduced if I ordered more), and I will sell them (profit) free, as per the free project requirement.

OFF
It will be the next step in my "Wonder C16" project, has
-6502Plus4 CPU with 512KB SRAM (Lotharek)
-JiffyDOS (from MCes). Unfortunately Jiffy is swithing off the screen during load (it could not handle the badlines as on C64, though it could load only on the bottom/top border area)
-all ROMs swapped to low power consumption EPROMs (MCes)
-Stable strong new DC PSU (local shop :-) )
+SID card (NST) for the mouse LOL , I plan to buy an Amiga one
-ReVox, DigMooz, SoundX modules for the great music (from Sukkopera)
-Also my good old Max232 circuit for my RS232 Mouse(s)
-now the Tuner free circuit for clearer picture :-)

I also plan to build in a fix SD2IEC inside as a HDD (set as #9). IEC signals will be taken with the help of alligator clips connected to the IEC connector pins from inside.
(mainly to build up a nice collection on an SD card as a fix library, can really work as a HDD of the PCs).

As you can see the C16 has plently of space for that action (much more than the Plus/4), and the internal heat already reduced
Unfortunately C16 has no user port for the 5V power source. Probably will take the 5V from the datasette connector FB14 pin, also with an insulated alligator clip.
The datasette and the #9 device is not expected to work together.

The boxed Commodore 16 donor is organised by my friend, George few years ago.
I could not find a working one in Hungary, and he was very kind to help me out in this project.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024