Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

András
on 2024-03-23
08:33:07
 Tapuino

Hello!
I tried Tapuino hardware on C16. With converter cable. Has anyone tried it on the 264 series? I've noticed that 60% of the .tap programs here don't start when I use Tapuino.

Posted By

SukkoPera
on 2024-03-23
09:05:02
 Re: Tapuino

I have had some Tapuino PCBs for years but I only assembled one about one month ago. It seems to work fine, can you please link a few titles that don't work for you?

Posted By

András
on 2024-03-23
10:14:47

Terra Nova1, Zone control(?Break error message),Zolyx (loaded 55% and freezed),Zip2(53%:break error) etc.
The Novaload turbo is ok. If no Novaload, then unsure.
What are your experiences with these programs?

Posted By

SukkoPera
on 2024-03-24
06:11:29

I have just tested Zone Control, all the 4 different TAPs of Terra Nova, the two TAPs of Zip and all the 3 games known as Zolyx and they all work for me. I didn't use this Tapuino much, but so far it has worked with 100% of what I've tested. With Tutti Frutti, it works with both the Turbo and No Turbo versions. This makes me very happy happy. And congrats to sweetlilmre, of course!

Maybe you just need to update the firmware on your Tapuino? As I said, mine was basically just built, so it has the most recent firmware, I think.

Posted By

Waz
on 2024-03-27
05:09:39

Ah, @András - welcome to the world of halfwave tapes.

The fact you mentioned that Novaload ones worked and the likes of Zolyx didn't immediately made me think of that.

I've only rediscovered this one recently thanks to the likes of @MIK - but in effect some of the loaders (mainly Anirog/Anco and later Firebird releases) use loader systems where the halfwave format is used. Novaload doesn't use that which is why the tapes that you tried with that system worked correctly. There's more on the whole TAP format in the Encyclopedia which is well worth a read.

I would try Thrust - as that's known to be halfwave - on your Tapuino. If that fails, then the Tapuino firmware you have isn't halfwave compatible and so would need to firmware upgrade it.

Posted By

András
on 2024-03-30
11:38:16

Thanks the tips!

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024