Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2024-03-19
19:04:13
 Voting Granularity Madness

I made a small optional change to voting. Everything is still the same, if you want to vote or change an existing vote, it's just a few clicks, easy-peasy.

However, you can also vote decimal scores, if you please. If you vote 9.1 on something, it is only shown to you (otherwise it's rounded to 9, but counts as 9.1).

Why would anyone want to do this? Well, perhaps there are a ton of games that you voted 10 on, but even out of those "perfect 10" games, you still like some of them better than others. You could rank 100 of them in ascending order from 9.901 all the way to 9.999, for example happy

Feedback and ideas are welcome.

Posted By

Luca
on 2024-03-20
03:35:53
 Re: Voting Granularity Madness

Ok, had some testing about it.

Posted By

gerliczer
on 2024-03-20
04:02:35

Now let me toss a larger rock into this pond. happy I would like to have the diametrically opposite option. I have no idea how to place products on a one to ten scale, not to mention any finer grained ones. And frankly, I don't even want to struggle with something like that. I know if I like or dislike stuff or if something does not touch me at all. Like the Pouët thumbs up-piggy-thumbs down score. And that is completely incompatible with any one to X scales. Unfortunately, that leaves me with the only choice of expressing opinion in forum comments.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2024-03-20
08:18:08

Not voting is completely okay too wink By definition, this is all very subjective, so there's no "right" way to vote. In your case, you could translate your own personal scale like this:

Thumbs down = 0 or 1
Piggy = no vote
Thumbs up = 9 or 10
Two thumbs up = 10

Problem solved happy Later if you look at the stuff you've liked and voted on, you might be thinking: "well, both of these are good, but I like this one just a tiny bit better" - that's when you can change one of them from 9 to a 9.1.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024