Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Crown
on 2024-03-19
12:39:53
 Re: Keeping track of releases

So I made some pictures about the Magnam Products Microcase. It turns out that there is 3 different versions of it at least.

But first, lets see why I believe that it deserves its own category and just callig it 'clam shell' doesn't do it justice.
Here are 3 pictures of a standard case, a clam shell case and the category in question, arranged in an order so that we can compare all its dimensions to each other.

It is clearly visible that it is larger than a normal case, but much smaller than what I call a clam shell case. That's one difference. The 2nd difference is that the side of clam shell case is always round, and this is flat. The 3rd difference is really about build quality, the clam shell case is usually hollow inside, the plastic of the cassette holder area is usually pressed to form, and it relatively easily breaks, while the insides of this is actually very stiff and hardened plastic.
While the opening mechanism is the same, to me this is distinctively different to have its own category name.

Now lets see how the differnt Magnam Products Microcase-s look like:

This is the first version, just plainly Magnam Products Microcase. (Lets call it MKI)

This is MKII

And this is MKIII

Here are closeup shot of MKI so the text in the case can be read:

Closeup shots of MKII:

Closeup shot of MKIII:

Now as it turns out Magnam Products was not the only maker of similar cases, I have also noname ones, and a few from Eden Packaging:

Xcellor8 is also Eden Packaging.

The uploaded images are in much larger resolution, open them up directly if you want to zoom in.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024