Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Waz
on 2024-02-16
08:53:50
 Olympic Skier - Full List of Insults When You Crash

One of the things I always loved about Olympic Skier, even when I was younger, was the scrolling "insults" across the bottom of the screen when you crashed, especially during the downhill section.

Having searched here, I didnt see a full list of them, so here they are. Not sure how we could add them to the game description (as they are an iconic part of the game) but all below. Those who want to hack around the game a bit and change them can locate them in the monitor at two places:

$1900-$199C
$2D90-$2F59

The full list:

Accident prone aren't you
Did you have a funny… parallel… turn
Don't get too piste off
Don't you just… love… snow
Have you been drinking
Have you got something against the ground? You keep hitting it
Oh dear - skibusters
Oh no… not again
Snow fun when you keep crashing, is it
This hill is almost as steep as Fron
Uh oh, Frankie goes to the Alps
Very good. When did you join exit
Who you gonna call - first aid
You better stick to a sledge. You don't stick to skis too well
You better stick with stamp collecting
Your insurance just doubled
You've hit more trees than a flying squirrel

Posted By

Luca
on 2024-02-16
10:12:56
 Re: Olympic Skier - Full List of Insults When You Crash

Nice addon! I've promptly added it to the game's page!

Posted By

Csabo
on 2024-02-16
10:33:56

Nice one! A lot of clever puns. Most of these are clear to me (I had to look up "piste" though), two Ghostbusters references happy But I'm not sure about the one with Fron. What's the meaning of that joke?

Posted By

Waz
on 2024-02-16
12:23:47

This is the answer, @Csabo - Fron is locally known as Froncysyllte, a vllage in North Wales, which wouldn't have been that far to get to from either Mr Chip's offices in Lllandudno, or where Shaun Southern was based at the time. As you can see from the picture in the article, it looks like a steep hill in the distance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Froncysyllte

Posted By

MIK
on 2024-02-16
16:58:09

Lol that one went in one eye and out the other. Maybe Mount Everest would of been better. From a UK point of view there was always "Get the best, fit Everest" window adverts on TV during the 80's. grin

Tis the ski-son to be jolly. Try again... wink

Posted By

Csabo
on 2024-02-16
17:39:19

@Waz thanks for that explanation. I would not have found that by myself for sure happy

Something interesting that you probably didn't know; this game was reviewed in 100+4/2. That's a Hungarian book, I think most of us Hungarian sceners had that one as kids happy Anyway, the list of messages are there, but they are a bit jumbled/cut off, and several of them are incorrectly translated happy

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024