Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Jeva
on 2024-01-22
05:36:33
 Dudaorrú Patric

Title:Dudaorrú Patric (Horn-nosed Patrick)
Category:Game/Action
Release Date:1989-01-22
Language:Hungarian
Size:64K
Machine:PAL Only
Code Type:Machine code
Distribution:Commercial/PD
Dudaorrú Patric (Horn-nosed Patrick) Screenshot

Posted By

Jeva
on 2024-01-22
05:36:33
 Re: Dudaorrú Patric

Happy Birthday! grin

Posted By

Csabo
on 2024-01-22
07:50:50

What a unique game! Over the years, we collected some interesting pieces of information, but with you (Jeva) here, I'm sure you have some more interesting things to add... How long did the development take? Who wrote the music? Who came up with the level design, the ideas for the hazards? Anything else you remember?

Don't forget Chronos' Let's Play video! happy

Posted By

Murphy
on 2024-01-22
10:45:33

Annoyingly difficult, but a very beautiful game for its time. The fact that the background colour was light green gave it a unique feel.

@Csabo @Jeva shared some interesting facts about this game in the last Terror News

Terror News 32

Posted By

Csabo
on 2024-01-22
10:45:09

Gotta extract the magazine text to make it easy searchable wink

Posted By

Jeva
on 2024-01-22
13:19:54

Annoyingly? grin

If I remember correctly it was all my idea. The blame is on me. wink The characters were taken from my favourite animated series of the time, which was being broadcast on Yugoslavian television ... I loved it. I also invented the obstacles, the game design. Mucsi and Batya wrote the code, I got a track editor - if I remember correctly it was some Petscii based stuff - and I produced and tested the levels, and then the others tried them out. The music here (like at Oliver) was Kabó aka Attila Bubreg.
The title screen was made in multibotti, and the elements were made on checkered paper and then hexed into the machine.
Sorry guys, but even today on normal iron, the game is still not difficult for me, and at the time it seemed too easy, I only recently found out that it is supposed to be very difficult. wink

Posted By

Csabo
on 2024-01-22
13:32:43

I do believe you, but just double-checking about Kabo, since he's not mentioned anywhere in the program or on the cover. We should credit him! I know it wasn't a huge amount that the team got paid for the game, but regardless, he was okay for not getting a cut?

Posted By

TLC
on 2024-01-22
14:42:21

Stripy... happy

Posted By

Lavina
on 2024-01-24
15:46:14

As I lived at the other side of the country, literally, I had no idea where the main protagonist was coming from. happy We did not have Yugo TV.

Posted By

Luca
on 2024-01-25
02:03:53

It's all extensively explained in the page since then, though wink

Posted By

Jeva
on 2024-01-27
04:25:27

just because he was not credited does not mean he did not get a cut. wink

Posted By

Luca
on 2024-01-27
07:17:06

@jeva if you're referring to Kabo: added in the credits since the time in which the truth has been revealed, and the relative files of the music have consequently been moved to a generic /games folder to /kabo wink

Posted By

Jeva
on 2024-02-03
22:03:15

Great! Thanks! And yes, Attila Bubreg is Kabo.;)

Posted By

Xerox
on 2024-02-11
08:20:10

Yey, what an epic game! And it was hard wink But I tried, and tried and tried...
Since we could not pronounce the Hungarian title, we even gave it a different German title and everyone of my friends was laughing out loud when I said, let's play it!!

Posted By

Jeva
on 2024-02-12
11:19:17

and what was sie german title?

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024