Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

BSZ
on 2024-01-18
16:02:18
 Re: Your Sd2Iec drive recommandations

@George: Maybe it's a bit self-promotional, but make sure you choose one that works with the official current firmware. Because my firmware will probably work with it. grin

One - in my opinion - important thing to mention: choose one with 128K program memory in the microcontroller inside! (The 64K version may be cheaper, but there's no more room for improvements.) So in the parameters, the number 1284 is better than 644. happy And of course it is important that the bootloader is included for easy firmware upgrades.

If I had to choose now, I would look for one that is sw2-compatible, and an atmega1284 microcontroller is inside. The version linked by MIK seems to be a good one, but I have no personal experience with it.

One more thing... If you plan to use it with C128, it is good to have the SRQ line control built in. The current firmware does not support fast serial protocol, but this may change in the future. A little spoiler: in the next version of my firmware there will be a basic support for it; although KERNAL cannot use it yet, it is possible to write a program with the VCPU that communicates this way. But of course this is only interesting for the C128.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024