Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Sbiri​guddha
on 2003-08-06
 One complaint

I just discovered a plus/4 emulator (i was once a plus/4 owner) and i was surfing the net searching for games and programs, so i ended in this site, which is the 1st one i found entering "commodore plus 4" in google.
So.. I was browsing the game section and after a little while i became pretty upset. Why, you'll probably ask? because you can get NO games at all (the file you requested does not exist, always the same annoying message plus one ad.) but you DO get a lot of dialer-download-and-run pop-up windows.
This is not very fair.
I'll go away looking for something better (not so difficult i suppose). Bye

Posted By

Lavina
on 2003-08-06
 Re: One complaint

This is quite interesting. I never had such effect in years... Csabo?

Posted By

Lavina
on 2003-08-06

BTW

I tried to search "Commodore Plus 4" on Google, it did not give my homepage. Than I entered "GOTU Commodore Plus4" There it was. Then I entered "Commodore Plus4" again, and my homepage was the first hit. happy

Posted By

MIK
on 2003-08-06

Maybe you landed on the old version of the site or at the time our host was playing up??

All the games can be found above or here: games where we offer as many downloads from here (emucamp) and also from other plus4 sites as where we can.

You may also want to check our links page out which will point you to a whole host of Plus4 sites from around the world. Link: downloads.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2003-08-06

He was obviously looking at the old .htm pages. Those do have broken links and popups. If he made his way to the forum though, he should have seen the new pages. I wouldn't even mind helping this newbie, but he has already made his choice. So "Bye, Sbiriguddha".

Lavina, you must have made a mistake with that Google search. The term "Commodore Plus/4" (with or without the slash) finds Plus/4 World #1. We had it for a while, but for years it was always plus4.org. If you think that's cool, try searching for the single term "Oblido" (now, whose favourite game was that one?) happy

Posted By

Csabo
on 2003-08-06
 Re: Bah

Gets even more interesting. According to his IP, the fellow is from Italy. I checked the logs and he has last visited the new(!) Yie Ar Kung Fu page, which has exactly 5 (count 'em, five) good, working links. Bah.

Posted By

MIK
on 2003-08-06

Csabo: We had it for a while? We've been in google on the Plus4 search for years now

Back in the days of old it was C16/Plus4 ClassiX pages, the old index page used to be top happy

Another word/s that points poeple here via google as the first link (old page):

Udo Gertz

Can you think of any more???? happy

Posted By

Csabo
on 2003-08-06

Of course I meant the number one position, which is what we had for a while. Like I said, up until a few months ago, the term "Commodore Plus/4" gave plus4.org as the #1 result. I know we've been indexed by Google. wink

Posted By

MIK
on 2003-08-06

Oh yeah??
I did notice google didn't like .php when we first change over from .htm wink

Posted By

Lavina
on 2003-08-07

without slash the "Commodore Plus4" search gives this for me:

Gods Of The Universe Commodore Plus4 Homepage
lavina@kgb.hu. last updated: 16. 07. 2003.
www.nexus.hu/plus4/ - 3k - Tárolt változat - Hasonló oldalak

Home - Plus/4 World
... future! So until then head on over to Monkey Heaven and check their
own slice of Monkey Magic Commodore 16/Plus4 style! Link: http ...
Leírás: Current news and forum, lots of original game covers. The Plus/4 World project catalogs all software...
Kategória: Computers > Systems > Commodore > Plus4
plus4.emucamp.com/ - 66k - Tárolt változat - Hasonló oldalak

Plus/4 page
... As a gamer the Plus4 spent most of it's life as a Commodore 16 because
many game's were around 15k which covered both machines in one sell. ...
plus4.emucamp.com/plus4.htm - 11k - Tárolt változat - Hasonló oldalak
[ További találatok a plus4.emucamp.com tartományból ]

The Commodore Plus/4 resource
The Commodore Plus/4 resource. commodore plus/4 emulator resource news
scene Click here to enter http://www.javalemmings.com/plus4/ ...
Leírás: News, a message board and links for Commodore Plus/4 enthusiasts.
Kategória: Computers > Systems > Commodore > Plus4
www.plus4.org/ - 2k - Tárolt változat - Hasonló oldalak

happy

Posted By

Csabo
on 2003-08-07

First I thought you must be using something else other than google.com. But then I remembered that google sometimes customises results to the user's region. You are in Hungary, so you get the stuff in Hungarian, and Hungarian pages come first. For everyone else here in North America, the #1 hit is Plus/4 World. Weird, huh?

Posted By

Crown
on 2003-08-07

Actually it is dependant on the Interface language selected in Google's settings, and not on your location. If you set Hungarian then the GOTU homepage comes up first... You can change it to any language google supports.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024