Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Phoenix-Mix
on 2024-01-13
07:59:40
 40 Jahre Commodore 16

Ja, ihr habt richtig gelesen! Nicht C-64 oder seinen verbuggten Halbbruder dessen Name eure Seite ziert.
Man schreibt das Jahr 2024. Ganz Gallien ist von Microsoft besetzt...
Nein, die technische Entwicklung schreitet rasant voran. Heute wird nicht mehr mit kilobite gerchnet, sondern mit Gigabite oder Terabite.
Trotzdem, steht in dem Regal ein scmuckes schwarzes Gehäuse mit grauen Tasten von damals, mit der Aufschrift Commodore 16. Ich habe mich schon gefragt, als von C 64 und VIC 20 Nachbauten raus gekommen sind ob der C-16 auch an der Reihe sein wird und welche Spiele könnten da dabei sein.
Die Rede ist natürlch von der Firma Retro Games ltd.
Was ist eure Meinung dazu?

40 Jahre Commodore 16

Yes, you read that right! Not C-64 or its buggy half-brother whose name adorns your page.
The year is 2024 and all of Gaul is occupied by Microsoft...
No, technical development is progressing rapidly. Today we no longer calculate with kilobits, but with gigabits or terabits.
Nevertheless, there's a pretty black case with gray keys from back then on the shelf, labelled Commodore 16. I was already wondering when replicas of the C 64 and VIC 20 came out whether it would be the C 16's turn and which games might be included.
We are of course talking about the company Retro Games ltd.
What is your opinion on this?

Posted By

Luca
on 2024-01-13
07:11:57
 Re: 40 Jahre Commodore 16

Here's my opinion, in two points:
- I'm currently using the real machine, don't wanna pay for an emulator in a chinese plastic box;
- plastic stuff is everywhere, and the productions of manufacts made in plastic is something ecological to be avoided, produce and purchase a sweet lil' object only for our nostalgic pleasure is something that every citizen should contribute to avoid for the ecosystem's love.

Posted By

SukkoPera
on 2024-01-13
08:46:17

I really don't see the need for these devices. Most people who buy them play with them once and then store them away, never to touch them again.

Retrolovers who prefer emulation will already have a Raspberry Pi with RetroPie installed. Cheaper, supports more systems and can be updated/upgraded more easily. It can also be used for different purposes (media player for instance) by just swapping the SD card.

I know there are people who say those devices are better because they look like the original machine, but this makes no sense at all IMHO. Like people stuffing RasPi's inside C64, Amigas, etc... It's OK to use a RasPi, but just keep it in its original case.

Posted By

Phoenix-Mix
on 2024-01-13
08:46:59

Ich habe auch das Originalgerät, sogar mehrmals. Ich finde der Commodore 16 hätte einen Nachbau verdient zum 40. Jubiläum. Dieses Jahr kommt ja nun mal nur einmal.
Die Maschinen werden selten. Die bestehen auch aus Plastik und halten her als Ersatzteillager, damit andere Commodore 16 Computer die schon kaputt gegangen sind repariert werden.
Zum restaurieren von Geräten tun die Leute den Kunststoff auch selbst herstellen.
Ich vertehe also nicht warum du so eine Ökoschine fährst.

I also have the original device, even several times. I think the Commodore 16 deserves a replica for its 40th anniversary. This year only comes around once.
The machines are becoming rare. They are also made of plastic and can be used as a spare parts store to repair other Commodore 16 computers that have already broken down.
People also make the plastic themselves to restore equipment.
So I don't understand why you are driving such an eco-machine.

Posted By

Luca
on 2024-01-13
09:00:34

Simple: that original plastic matter has already been produced, the newer toys which superficially look like those old systems have to be made of *new* material. ANd what we should avoid, is the *new* productin if useless and joust decorative. Here the reigning word is: CONSUMISM.

OffTopic: @Phoenix-Mix you received and read three PMs from me, after that you have linked a profile image which infringes several guidelines as we have presented you (even via email by me). Please, answer back to the messages, in which I reminded those rules to you, in order to get back to all the editing features you would deserve (limited, at the moment).

Posted By

Phoenix-Mix
on 2024-01-13
10:38:04

Nein, hier ist das herrschende Wort Retroliebhaber. Amiga, Atari, C64, VIC-20.
Wenn wir es nicht machen, machen es andere.
Damit meine ich noch nicht mal das Geld verdienen.

No, the dominant word here is retro lover. Amiga, Atari, C64, VIC-20.
If we don't do it, others will.
And I'm not even talking about earning money.

Posted By

gerliczer
on 2024-01-13
13:33:12

What is your opinion on this?

Grifting on nostalgia.

Posted By

Phoenix-Mix
on 2024-01-13
16:30:11

Nein, ich liebe meinen Commodore 16. Den habe ich mir doch aus Nostalgiegründen gekauft.

No, I love my Commodore 16. I bought it for nostalgia reasons.

Posted By

Docsland
on 2024-01-21
13:44:37

Inwiefern ist denn das Projekt "little sixteen" in diesem Beitrag relevant/bekannt?
Ich denke am Markt befindet sich noch zuviel gute original Hardware, als das ein Nachbau/Neubau auch monetär interessant sein könnte. Da wäre ich eher an einer Erstauflage des 364 interessiert mit SID, Speech, und 10er block, sowie internes wifi mit ordentlich speed

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024