Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

George
on 2023-12-20
16:41:15
 My visit at "Binarium - Computer-Museum of Digital Culture"

Hi friends,

i want to share here my visit at the "Binarium", a Computer-Museum with almost every relevant homecomputer and game-console from the 70's until present. The museum unfortunatly shut its doors the next day for good.

Timestamps:
Video:
https://youtu.be/70147gfCB-I

Commodore Plus/4, 16, 116:
https://youtu.be/70147gfCB-I?t=605

Posted By

MMS
on 2023-12-21
05:33:03
 Re: My visit at "Binarium - Computer-Museum of Digital Culture"

What a nice visit! Thanks for sharing and the information shared.
Most of the systems I did not meet in person, so it was great to see them here, and I can compare their size and look.
The very first game I plased on Philips Oddesey2, and ZX Spectrum 48k. Strange, but the National JR-100 computer at 7:20 looks exactly the same as the Laser 200 (just this one has colors, seems very good reuse of previous design). Laser 200 was very first computer I programmed, next to ZX81.
That Commodore keyboard is for the Sound Expander moduel with the Yamaha chipset (still not MIDI), we can also own now in a way happy
The Commodore Plus/4 section looked more professional, than the C64 one, just saying happy I mean you could read the game titles and could check the inlay art, while at the C64 the casettes just dumped in without structure.
At 23:56 there is a familiar picture on the wall! happy
Well, I was not involved in on the consol till Xbox360,soI can say it is not retro any morehappy

Posted By

SukkoPera
on 2023-12-21
05:57:18

Nope, that keyboard at 8:55 looks more like the Commodore MK10, which is indeed a MIDI keyboard, albeit a pretty basic one.

I didn't know abot this museum but it's a pity that it has closed, it looked quite "well-furnished" sad. So thanks for letting us see it in video, at least!

Posted By

MMS
on 2023-12-22
14:15:46

@Sukkopera Yepp, you are right. I wrote it from memory, but the Sound Expander keyboard is bigger and black (maching to the SE housing). Sorry for the misinformation happy

BTW I noted,that the Sound Expander size fits perfectly to the C128, and even if there would have been a version with the Plus/4 interface, the cartridge would cover half of the +4 User Port. So my theory that it was originally planned for Plus/4 (black housing), cannot not be correct. Still I am surprised by the color selection of Sound Expander, and the IEE-488 interface.

@George well I miss one computer that was rather advanced an unique for it's time. It is called MUPID, and developed anx produced in Austria. Austria iy almost Germany as we know :-) It has a SCART connection the video display, anx I own one. Too bad every programming material I found was in German.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024