Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2023-12-12
09:45:24
 Re: A Turbo into your Plus/4!

I'm not familiar with the C64 version (never having played it), do you know if it has that option?

There might be two reasons for not doing that; one is that the music (along with the graphics) appears to be a big draw of the game. The other is that (I think) the sounds effects in the game are very sparse; only the occasional dull thud of hitting another car and the tires spinning. If there's no engine noise, that might sound really weird (long stretches of silence, then some random noises), on the other hand if there is engine noise, that can get on people's nerves quickly too happy

@MIK would you have any suggestion as to how to make the game better? This: "most people completed it on their first go" I'm going to assume is a controversial opinion wink Granted, I as I said I haven't played the C64 version, but here's at least one anecdotal data point: [...] sadly I didn't get past the first level 4th stage in the game. Time wise is very tight. It would be interesting to see some contemporary magazine (=professional) reviews of this game, and seeing what the consensus is (both regarding difficulty and in general).

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024