Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2023-12-09
15:35:58
 A quick surprise for the holidays:...

A quick surprise for the holidays: thanks to BSZ, Pets Rescue can now be loaded on using SD2IEC!

Posted By

BSZ
on 2023-12-09
15:39:04
 Re: A quick surprise for the holidays:...

Thanks for the quick news!

You can download it from the SD2IEC VCPU loader link on the game page. A description of how to use it is included in the package. If you have some time, try it! happy

The program was developed with the community version, but there is a chance that it will also work with the commercial version. For those who have the commercial version, please try it too! According to the site description, the commercial version uses a 40-track disk. For this reason, you need the (currently) latest firmware version in the SD2IEC drive, because it is the only one that handles these disk images. (You can find it - of course - in the usual place.)

Posted By

Luca
on 2023-12-09
16:29:15

I tried to use it but I found no infos about how to update my current firmware with this new one...

I simply renamed as *.bak the firmware I had in root, and then I've put all the files straight into it. A firmware has been found, but the stuff didn't work at all once the SDboot has been loaded.

Posted By

BSZ
on 2023-12-09
16:42:57

@Luca: In principle, the update is simple: copy the firmware file for your drive to the root of the SD card. You can find the new firmware file in the precompiled binaries package. If you don't know which one you want, copy all the files and the drive will find the right one. happy The names of the firmware files are not important. After inserting the SD card into the drive, press RESET and the firmware will be replaced in the device. (If this does not work, ask the drive manufacturer why.)

Posted By

Luca
on 2023-12-09
16:43:24

I will ask then, because this is the first move I did sad

Posted By

BSZ
on 2023-12-09
16:50:33

For this process to work, the drive must contain the appropriate program (bootloader). If this is missing, the only way to change the firmware is with a programming tool. Also, i hope, the drive hardware is not too old; this firmware only supports drives that can be used with the latest "official" version.

Posted By

Luca
on 2023-12-09
17:16:29

I'm using the SD Princess so probably this is the "too old" case...

Posted By

BSZ
on 2023-12-09
17:26:49

@Luca: I don't know this hardware. And the search engine is not my friend in this matter. grin (Don't have a link handy?) After RESET, if you query the status of the drive ("PRINT DS$", but this only works for unit 8), what do you get?

Posted By

Luca
on 2023-12-09
17:36:22

The Princess V3.0 is out of production since years, even on the producer's site there aren't references. I also tested it with an older one but, as you can guess, no results. After the reset, the SDcard still works and everything goes, but the SDboot tells me there's no compatibility.

Posted By

BSZ
on 2023-12-09
17:55:03

cry I can't find any information on what kind of hardware it might have. But if the "traditional" way is not to update the firmware, then the hardware is all the same. Eh...

Posted By

Luca
on 2023-12-09
17:57:40

To be more precise, SDboot writes:"Unit #8: SD2IEC Drive (S/W VCPU)", hence the firmware has been installed, but when I try to load the game, it says that "This SD2IEC firmware doesn't support the VCPU-R2 feature".

EDIT: oh well nope, that sentence does not guarantee that the firmware swapping has happened...

Posted By

BSZ
on 2023-12-09
18:10:21

@Luca: Yes, this line: "Unit #8: SD2IEC Drive (S/W VCPU)" <- this means that it found an SD2IEC drive on unit number 8. And support with VCPU. There's just too few letters in the character line. happy If you see the other message when selecting, unfortunately, the new firmware was not flashed.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024