Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

C64Mark
on 2023-12-04
13:50:07
 "20 User" Magazine

Hi all,

I picked up the first five issues of an A5 10-20 page fanzine/magazine called 20 User - anyone heard of this?

It's black and white and had been produced on DTP software using an Amstrad CPC 6128 (it says this in the intro of each issue). Published by 'Micro Media' in Lanarkshire, Scotland. The five issues are from July 1986 onwards - unclear if there are more, but no signs in issue five that they're about to stop (although they do reference delays in printing).

The magazines mostly contain reviews (no screen shots) plus a tips page and a look at different utilities. There are a couple of letters in later issues, programming tips and reference to an upcoming adventure section. There are also adverts for the 'C16 and +4 Software Library' - also run by Micro Media - that seems to be a by-post game rental service. Plus adverts for Script Plus (from Parasoft), John Penn Discount Software (Hants.) and some classified ads. Issue 5 doesn't have any adverts which might suggest an imminent end to publication.

A couple of issues give an in-depth guide to Mercenary and the sequel.

I'll get these scanned in when I get chance - just wondered if anyone remembers these or has seen them before?

Posted By

Csabo
on 2023-12-04
14:16:20
 Re: "20 User" Magazine

I'm pretty sure it's "new", I've never seen this mentioned anywhere before. It must have been a very small circulation.

Looking forward to seeing the scans happy

Posted By

Luca
on 2023-12-04
15:06:12
 Re: "20 User" Magazine

Fantastic unearthing C64Mark! Here its is, uploaded right now: 20 User Issue 1, an announcement will follow once the whole pack of five will be in.

EDIT: all the 5 are in!

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024