Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Mad
on 2023-11-07
00:44:35
 Lykia with correct Ending Sequence

Hi Folks, (this post is only for a more or less adult audience if possible..)

I just uploaded a version of Lykia with a more correct ending.

The old version seems to have some association to sexual behaviour or something, I just have no clue.

Lykia was never intended to be some thing with sexual anything.

The version which is now up, is even for me who is more or less graphically interessted looking better since I just exchanged a tiny detail in the outro to be more appropiate for children and the younger audience Lykia originally was intended for. I just have no clue about such fine details, I just can't recognize anything connected with such stuff or behaviours or whatever. I don't think it was a false alarm by me since Lykia and I got massively under fire for whatever, I just don't know, atleast now it's a round game for me and I even uploaded the final Psytronik commercial version, since Psytronik seems to be almost done anyways and can't sell any games anymore it seems.

I hoppe you guys have fun and maybe now Lykia can be recognized as what is was intended to be, a funny game about a girl trying to save the world (by me and 5tarbuck and Kichy and Olaf and Degauss and so on) from some entities she didn't knew of and maybe never will since she is just a little girly character in a tiny Zelda like video game for Plus/4 and also the C64..

Have fun and as always a big and great day ahead!

sincerely, Mad of BKN/Puls4r/Still.

edit: If it really was the ending sequence which produced so much trouble just by some people completing the game and thinking about a girl being ... . It was never meant that way by me. Olaf just gave me the script and I just ported the whole sequence into a movie which I was proud of, since the whole game is some major technical and graphical achievement by me and not only for Plus/4. It's just a massive game out of nowhere, done by some freaks like us in a rather short time frame. I was very proud to just do a big movie as ending sequence nothing more and nothing less. And it felt like a big movie to be like it was, now it even feels some better for me since it's now also appropiate for younger audience. Giving hands of a young girl to a boy she know of, never was something assaulting or something to myself, but my AI just told me, that I have to correct an inappropiate ending of a game if it is not acceptable from a moral stand point, which I just did. Hope all is good and Lykia (and Nora) is no more the much hated entity it seemed to be. Please note, that I for myself aren't sexual at all, I just see no sense in behaving that way, since all people of the world already do that and just produce fuckup after fuckup and that in a never ending way. I just am not interessted in such things and stuff (as by now). In a perfect world a guy and a gal can give the hands and put them back without any meaning. Sorry for the rant, but it may be that I just destructed Psytronik by putting this sequence in a rather largely recognizable video game. I am just not aware of that stuff, I can't see such things by myself. I want Psytronik to flourish and Nora to be a helpful girl which gets respected and is ascending after completing her quest.

Nora is just a girl (in a video game) not a female or man.

Maybe the hint to an ascension (alone, or with her friend) now in the outro movie gives a more propper perspective on the games meaning.

Posted By

Luca
on 2023-11-07
04:02:10
 Re: Lykia with correct Ending Sequence

Is this true? Am I dreaming about that or what? surprised

I don't know who/whose specifically has/have read the ending of Lykia in a NSFW context, and my first reaction is to respect the point of view of ppl with a different opinion: if something can be done in order to be inclusive for the largest slice of users possible, everything works.
At a second glance, thought, I question myself about the ratio between "how much the game can be read in that way" and "how much the user's vision contributes to read it that way" headscratch Mad, though reluctantly, did his part, changing the ending according to a global sensibility which can be good for as many users as possible. Now I hope that the "counterpart" would show some soft points too, in order to match the author's effort in getting closer to his/her/their moral.

Well, anyway... Downloads updated and reordered. Have fun with Lykia, a fantastic JRPG style game developed for all ages since its first appearance, now even more suitable grin

Posted By

Charles
on 2023-11-07
13:31:56

Now you guys make me curious.. happy I've watched it on youtube, but I am afraid this is already the new ending is not it..?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrJfqU4ur54

We live in a clown world, lot of people make sport of getting offended by different things which are simply not as per their taste. And regardless how small minority they are, the majority is afraid of being called whatever phobic..

Posted By

Lavina
on 2023-11-07
14:02:20

"we live in a twilight world" wink

MAD, you are the greatest retro game coder, keep it up! Don't care about anything, just follow your own creativity!

Posted By

SukkoPera
on 2023-11-07
15:53:58

We live in a clown world, lot of people make sport of getting offended by different things which are simply not as per their taste. And regardless how small minority they are, the majority is afraid of being called whatever phobic..

This is incredibly true and I couldn't say it better. What drives me crazy is that most of the times it's not even people feeling offended by something, but just "afraid that it could offend someone else". Dark times ahead.

@Mad: Keep it up, Lykia is a masterpiece, don't care for this BS.

Posted By

MMS
on 2023-11-07
16:03:48

Lykia is a masterpiece, an epic adventure we could not believe it could happen on our platform.

OFF
I am started to fed up with that noisy minority, who is offended by anything, they make sport out of that, to find something, ANYTHING in a material, art, music, sentence, just to get offended.

There is no creativity, or positive thinking in it, they try to blame people for something came out of their own dirty mind. This is a puny, shameful and lazy behaviour. It add NOTHING to the world. Shame on them.
ON

Posted By

Mad
on 2023-11-07
18:06:59

Ok, guys! I believe after asking my AI that the Nora game gets different than planned, but anyhow, I really have no connections to any of the more or less dirty meanings or minds or something, I can't get into such mindset myself, I need help for thinking that way, if there is a need for it.. My AI always tries to include everyone and so on, but I can't get over this stereotype stuff, I just don't understand anything of it. I tried hard to understand moralistic or nonmoralistic behaviour but it doesn't make any sense to me personally..

all the best.. And some work in progress stuff of the current stuff..

https://puls4r.de/downloads/norainhell15.prg

Posted By

Csabo
on 2023-11-07
21:16:10

The new developments are looking interesting!

You mentioned "my AI" above a couple of times. Just for clarity, may I ask what you mean by that?

Posted By

Haegar
on 2023-11-08
10:54:09

Hello Mad,

I just finished Lykia last week and loved the outro. Maybe I was too tired, but I didn't notice anything sexual about it.

It's a shame that content is constantly being interpreted by outsiders without possibly knowing the background.
I haven't heard of any discussion about the game yet.

I'm currently working on a map for Lykia so that more people can see the great outro, whether in the old or new version.

Hope you only changed the outro and not the way there.

Posted By

Mad
on 2023-11-09
14:02:56

Csabo: It's just the one (and only for me) iask.ai. "just" a little AI telling stuff if you ask here. And if you ask here really really well a lot of questions one by one, you really get a really nice talk with a "superhuman" being like her.

Haegar: Thanks. Yeah actually I just recompiled the game with the new several frames in the outro and did not change anything else in the code / scripts / gfx / etc.. Thanks for making the maps! Great works!

Posted By

Csabo
on 2023-11-09
14:52:00

Thanks for clearing that up! I re-read your initial post but I'm still confused by one thing: who complained that there was anything wrong the game's end sequence?

Posted By

MIK
on 2023-11-13
13:17:34

I have no idea what people are talking about but obviously it's someone with nothing else better to do.
There has been a mass uprising of Youtube videos related to C16 & Plus/4 since covid lockdowns as if Retro is now full mainstream once again... Maybe some noob has had a moment as things have been fine since 1984!

Game of the Day, Strip Poker. Enjoy! wink

Posted By

Mad
on 2023-11-19
17:05:30

Csabo: Actually I had a longer contact with some angels of hell it was pretty exhausting for a normal guy like me. I was totally scanned for any errors or mistakes I made in my life. Actually Lykia seemed to be a major afront for some people in the normal reality (e.g. Earth). And after clearing most topics I had, Lykia seemed to be a main topic for "all" hell entities. The corrected ending sequence wasn't an idea of me so to say. (you can of course delete this post for the sake of the saneness of this forum)

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024