Distribution:Freeware
Leonardo Screenshot

Posted By

Luca
on 2023-10-23
03:00:01
 Re: Leonardo

@TLC we need your help for Leonardo:

- the game has been distributed on a disk side with the original vanity board which looked like:
 CORONERS 11000
TLC DSN 10000
BITTY 9000
CBS 8000
COYOTE 7000
NUKEMAN 6000

...and so on, I ain't able to rebuild the whole board unfortunately.
Do you have a clean copy of the game with untouched hiscores? Or the clean LEONARDO HIGH file by alone?

- you distributed two versions, "Leonardo" and "Leonardo+++" (somewhere also titled "Leonardo++++"), and frequently the "+++" version looks like the normal one, and the "Leonardo" version is the one which shows optional SIDcard and cheats, and claims to be the fixed and only playable version (so dunno why +++, it actually is a +2F [SID] version...). Hence, have they been inverted in titles during the spreading?

- do you confirm that Leonardo has been released during the 2nd EVS Party?

Posted By

TLC
on 2023-10-25
20:33:49

Thanks, @Luca!

* Yes, the thing was released at EVS' party in Szeged, late 1993. (I don't know "which" EVS party (by it's name) that was. Looking that up, the 23rd of October 1993, was a Saturday, i.e. a weekend. I'm sure I specified the party's Saturday as the release date. Consequently, the party had to be held on the weekend of 23-24th, maybe, 22-23-24th of Oct., 1993.)
* Yes, the second revision had to be issued due to something that I didn't get right first, and also didn't notice early "enough". So, the original version (without any "+" signs, that is) maybe only has historical but no practical significance anymore. Yeah, little did I care about what anybody else had to think about "release naming conventions" 30 years back. *Note, maybe I'm also missing something, i.e. I don't remember to have included any cheats in either versions. That's the job of the built-in cheats, after all. I definitely need to check the currently available versions, so that we'd know that we're talking about the same thing.
* No, that's very unlikely that I have the original disk(s) anymore. BTW, I seem to think that without this particular file, the hiscore list still had to default to something sensible, at least in the corrected version.

Let me look up my disk image archive (i.e. copies of disks that I didn't lose / and did survive), plus check the details that I'm missing, this evening.

Updates:

* Confirmed, I don't have the original media anymore (nor images).
* Confirmed, the two versions have become mixed up at some point. The one with the apologies written in badly broken English + the cheats (those that I also really didn't remember to have ever created :-D) has to be the later (fixed) one, which originally had the +++ in the file name.
* Yep, single file release, really. Note: the earlier version starts up from an empty list when there's no high score file to be loaded. Surely a bug which had to be fixed. (Not sure if the only single one.)

Posted By

Luca
on 2023-10-25
06:54:32

@TLC thank you for your taime, appreciated!

Meanwhile, the current "leonardo.prg" – which is the version with trainers which looks like the REAL leonardo_+++.prg – actually includes the original vanity board, which appears only if no hiscores saving has been found on the disk. So this should cofirm that the original release was a single file and not a disk side!

EDIT: thank you @TLC, a solved mistery 30 years later! Now everything has been fixed.

Posted By

TLC
on 2023-10-26
09:55:10

Yes, thank you @Luca!

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024