Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2023-09-23
06:18:36
 GameBase64 webmaster wanted ASAP!

Frank Gasking's speaking:

"Gamebase64 has been a hugely important digital archive for the Commodore 64 for over 25 years now, bringing together all of the games that have made the platform so special.

Webmaster and developer Steven Feurer tragically passed away suddenly in July 2023 which has hit the team incredibly hard. Steve was a great friend to all the team and was the glue that kept everything together and running for so long. Without Steve, there is no web presence – which is important to promote the site and encourage submissions/corrections.

Leaving the team without a web developer and maintainer has now put the project at huge risk of losing its online presence. Michael Plate (Database project leader, creator and maintainer of the collection) has put out a plea via the Lemon64 forums for any help to keep this great project going.

I wish personally that I could step in to help, but we have too much going on at the moment with preservation work and Games That Weren’t.

If you feel you might be able to help, or know someone who could, please do get in touch via the forum HERE and help save this amazing digital archive."

Posted By

MIK
on 2023-09-23
08:21:45
 Re: GameBase64 webmaster wanted ASAP!

Sorry for the C64 scenes loss and hope they can find someone to continue the journey.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2023-09-23
11:54:32
 Re: GameBase64 webmaster wanted ASAP!

Very sad news sad I hope they find someone.

On a related note, for a long while now, I've noticed that GB64 doesn't seem to have any actual downloads. Perhaps it's only for registered users. Have you guys noticed this?

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024