Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

George
on 2023-09-17
11:03:32
 Question: Which is the most impressive Big Box Game for the C16/Plus4?

Which is the most impressive Big Box Game on our system (Commodore 16/Plus4)
a) from the 80's/90's
b) and modern days ?

I know, we don't have so many compared to other systems.

Posted By

MIK
on 2023-09-19
22:18:18
 Re: Question: Which is the most impressive Big Box Game for the C16/Plus4?

From the 80's?? Maybe Zork 1 but still..

On the plastic side maybe Brian Clough''s Football Fortunes.
Was it any good? No, but everything else that came with it was impressive.

Posted By

George
on 2023-09-20
04:16:34

@Mik Great mention happy Never heard of that football game happy Any other games that come with a lot of stuff?

Posted By

MIK
on 2023-09-20
13:26:00

Cuthbert Enters The Tombs of Doom, there was a large plastic case version, (size of a large floppy disc plastic case) and it came with a post card, some notes and a special key ring. I can't remember when, maybe 2010 when a handful of brand new copies showed up on eBay.co.uk for around 40euros each. I would still class the big box version as very rare...

If I remember correct..., World Cup Carnival may of come with a chart/poster so you could enter the real world cup results. You may have to look at other computer versions to see what really came with it.

Some of the Scott Adams text adventures came in big boxes, the Marvel ones came with a comic book.

One of my prized possessions, Mercenary for the Commodore Plus/4 on disc, just because it's big lol. grin

To be honest though the term big box is more a 1990's thing, what would be classed as big for much of the 1980's was the double cassette case, like Trailblazer or say Terra Nova. That means anything bigger than a double cassette case was ultra rare especially for C16/Plus/4. Like Power Pack Volume 1 was a budget release but came in a large plastic box like World Cup Carnival.

Posted By

George
on 2023-09-20
15:58:27

Great collection of information!

I add the infocom games here.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024