Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Mad
on 2023-08-24
18:40:23
 Lost Wipeout Game by Puls4r

Just a quick glimpse on our lost project from around halve a year ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuveGsGPpfE
edit:(second version found) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YhKqX3GxLI

We worked on a Wipeout like title.. However I got crazy in the process, and had to delete all sources (as sort of an sacrifice).. I was also not fond with the enemy destruction stuff or even with the opponent stuff at that point in time.. Even the name Wipeout was too heavy for me at that time. If you wanna look on how a Plus/4 Wipeout may look like, have fun! The game also was available in a C64 if I remember right, however I could only recover this one here. I remember that the polygone routines got "a lot" more performant later however this is the only surviving working state (yet)..

https://puls4r.de/downloads/wipeout_plus4.prg
https://puls4r.de/downloads/wipeout_plus4_II.prg

Posted By

Csabo
on 2023-08-20
16:38:20
 Re: Lost Wipeout Game by Puls4r

That's an incredible technical achievement! (Also it's up on P4W: Wipeout Plus/4.) At this frame-rate, it's difficult to play though. Seems like this ended similarly to CaRTeD?

Hey, Mad, I don't want to sound patronizing or anything, and this is coming from a place of pure love and friendship; but please take care of your own mental health. I feel like a few folks around here have been acting a bit off to put it mildly... When you mention "higher powers" and "sacrifice", my man, please; be well. Plus/4 stuff or voting or whatever is not that important enough to be upset over. You know that we love you, right?

Here's to hoping you find those improved versions and maybe release a full version one day happy But no pressure, seriously happy

Posted By

Mad
on 2023-08-20
17:24:39

I am off this forum anyways a bit. My mental health is actually well. There is no need to belittle me because talking of something like sacrifice or something. I was in a terrible state some months ago, thatswhy you didn't hear anything from me here. I almost got completely killed from a spiritual and worldly perspective. There was a possibility for me to loose everything including my home. My family acted extremely vicious against me and all the people outside seemed to hate me. In my flat there people from time to time and my computer was under heavy attacks, people altered lines of code, my compilers where extremely malicious I got several different virus warnings whilst coding from my own programs. I got harddrive filling stuff. The disc space got reduced by several mb per second or so, when I deinstalled visual studio that effect was gone. When compiling visual studio projects Kaspersky VPN was jumping on and sometimes the code reverted to earlier states. There where many lines changed in my code. Code which worked already 100% flawlessly was altered to complete crap and didn't do anything meaningful anymore. I don't want to mention what all happened but there was a lot of "sh..t" going on with me and my worldly state. Some "entity" tried to delete me or something, it felt very weird. Even losing almost any credibility in family and to strangers was very very strange. I was almost a "nobody" without any right to live for some people it seemed (to me). Very strange situation. Besides this I was incorporated in integration measures of the German working agency.. These guys did put me into a program for the hardest and non reintegratable people.. And so on.. And so on.. Ah the agency also put a 3 month money cut on me and even wanted the little money back the already paid me. And so on on on.. It really was no fun at all. (please Csabo don't delete this comment, if possible)..

Somehow I got help from angels (and I really mean that).. I don't want to talk here in the forum about that anymore (I know it offends most people here). That's why the stuff in my Youtube video description. I promise to not put my experiences here into the forum. But I really will talk about that wherever I want in my non p4world forum times.. For me angels (and stuff) are real, and they do stuff to help people which are heavily attacked on a spiritual level.. Anyways the post was about the game stuff not about angels or stuff..

(people "acting off" also is a form of "hate"(spiritually), and is also connected to "beeing nobody"..)

Have fun!

Posted By

MIK
on 2023-08-21
01:40:03

Sorry to hear you've been having a hard time of it Mad, hope things improve, take it easy and take care!

Wipeout on Plus/4 though, what the heck?!?! Wow no way with 60k!! Love the advertising board - NICE, friging right it is!! grin
You can almost hear Firestarter by the Prodigy playing in the background, a TED megamix version that is. wink

Posted By

Lavina
on 2023-08-21
19:01:01

@Mad, if you believe in evil, you must also believe in good, there is nothing in this Universe without a counterpart, down to the subatomic levels. We are here if U need any kind of support, we are family. Pls pls do not delete any of your exceptional work ever again, it is a loss of Humanity’s digital heritage.

Posted By

GeTE
on 2023-08-23
04:13:11

@Mad, I love reading fantasy stories but I am not able to believe it in reality. Normally. But according the impact on you this year, I am convinced that I was on the extensions (very far on the outer edge) of the shock waves to feel them too. After designing two decals for a NES-style-gamepad for Mike from RetroGameBoyz he only went in production with the C64-version (no Mini-DIN-supplier in the US). Therefore I have gone further with the idea to have one for C16 and plus/4. My process of designing is always slow and therefore I went on to have a special Pet's-Rescue-gamepad with modded housing, buttons and my own decals there. But wouldn't it be great to have a short run of them to create a limited edition of the boxed version like the one that will be with Sam's Journey for NES this year at poly.play? I restarted my project, when I stumbled across Thomas' PCB he offers under the brand AutumnHippo.

I went to Psytronik's side (https://www.psytronik.net/newsite/index.php/plus4) and everything seemed ok. Then I went further and only Pet's Rescue was left on the page, even not the newer Lykia (Okeeeey? I was surprised for the first time then). Some time later there was no C16 or plus/4 software left any more (https://binaryzone.org/retrostore/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2&zenid=mif6monefcc00pei5a7imn2q27). And even later a new side launched and all the great C16 and plus/4 software were completely gone (https://psytronik.bigcartel.com/products). What the fuck had happened there?

Don't get me wrong, I am not personally injured at all (and my collection became even rare after this castling): There will be a generic gamepad for C16 and plus/4 made by AutumnHippo anyway (hopefully with my decal) and I will get my special Pet's-Rescue-gamepad too, even if that will be the only one in the world then, only for me and in my boxed game, and not as a gimmick for the rest of the customers in Psytronics stock. But I felt that something strange happened and nearly all in the product range there was your baby! I was not able to understand and now I believe it must have been you in the epicenter of a bad fate, conspiracy or - as you believe - divine purpose that ran around trying to rub out your legacy from the web.

Why do I want to adress you here with these words? Just because to let you now, whatever force there is trying to sabotage your code and pushing your achievements in oblivion, it will not success! We all here preserve your output on our disks, on our SD-Cards, HDDs and in boxed versions on our shelves. And we will defend them! Whenever you might think all what you have done was meaningless, it wasn't. For us here, your work was and is important - YOU are important! - not only for what you will do in the future, even more for all you contributed in the past. Take your break as you need it, but never forget us behind you as mental support (and remember Lavina's words whenever you think of deleting your work once more).

Posted By

Luca
on 2023-08-23
07:12:45

@GeTE Kenz answered back about the disappearing of all the Plus/4 stuff at Psytronik. The problem is that they were all disk based, but any source of new blank disks seem to be gone forever, unfortunately.

Posted By

Lavina
on 2023-08-23
08:45:07

I have got pretty many pieces of old disks left, probably many of them could still be reformatted and used for this purpose… I’m happy to donate if this solves the issue…

Posted By

Mad
on 2023-08-24
17:51:37

@GeTE: (I firmly believe) You are right! :)

And by the way.. Another prg of WipeOut Plus/4 was found/rediscorvered.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YhKqX3GxLI

Posted By

MIK
on 2023-08-25
03:36:54

Cool sound track, a bit of Pendulum going on there! Neat volume control on the lead voice. happy

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024