Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2023-08-14
13:44:36
 Re: Stunt Car Racer

Wow, this is a huge surprise! Stunt Car Racer has been one of the "holy grails" (on par with the likes of Last Ninja - which we almost have - and Impossible Mission and Lemmings - which we now have). I've heard some folks as for this game over and over (and over) again, and most coders responding with "can't be done" or "too hard"; but basically no-one would go for it.

It's nice to see a newcomer who wasn't told this would be impossible wink

We do have a Stunt Car Racer record in our database; but to be honest I always wished we didn't. The game was never converted, all we had was rumors and confusion. If this becomes an actual Plus/4 release, we shall re-purpose that page to hold the game's record.

As for the priorities, I would say the order you listed them is perfect (in order or priority). The last 3 (for me) is unnecessary, especially the save files being compatible with the C64 version; I can't imagine anyone actually needing/wanting this. SID/RAM expansion is a nice to have, but I think most sceners would be perfectly happy without it.

So, hats off to you sir, this is incredible news, looking forward to seeing more happy

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024