Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

TLC
on 2023-07-03
16:34:53
 Re: Luma / Chroma crosstalk fix

@MIK it doesn't even need to be cut, I mean it's enough to short the terminals. (The easiest way is probably to solder a small piece of wire to the terminals, on the PCB's solder side. Will make photos, I'll have to get around to do them. At least I have prepared the machine for that, but I have to find time for arraning the test and the photos).

Re. colour bleeding: the photo above is about a "nonstandard" setup. With that I merely intended to show, that chroma crosstalk to luma is quite pronounced here. On a stock Plus/4, chroma content (signal level) on luma is ultimately so large by the crosstalk, that, when this signal is fed to a composite display, the ident circuit happily identifies the colour subcarrier there, and the colours are shown. The apparent colour bleeding is specific to this setup, it's a result of displaying unfiltered luma content on a composite display. (Composite requires luma to be bandwidth limited, but here, it isn't). This bleeding doesn't appear on standard setups.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024