Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Gaia
on 2003-07-16
 Re: Game over?

Funny, I actually own such Atari TV game! Never knew it was from Ironstone, though. Was it a great success? I really doubt it!

You are right about those commercial emulators but they are no big companies (except maybe for the Pocket64 emulator, but its days will be counted as soon VICE is ported to the PocketPC). Actually I still don't understand why someone could not sell his/her emulator if he/she wanted to... not that I'd agree.

Commodore's brand awareness is indeed very high. Anyone I asked of my age has at least seen a Commodore once. What concerns making money, the target group could be those less computer-literals and not really the sceners. Probably the same group that was targeted with the Atari remake. And those profits are at the moment indeed exploited by the noname CD-collections mentioned by TMR (even E-bay is full of them as I saw).

Actually the PR has already turned out to be pretty well, even such local newspapers as the Brabants Dagblad ( happy ) sported an article about the "resurrection" of the Commodore 64. While we all know it's never been dead.

If it's a good deal, we shall see, but I am still not too enthusiastic about it.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024