Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Crown
on 2003-07-16
 Re: Game over?

There are a few commercial C64 emulators... People tend to forget that CCS64 is also one like that, tough there you are not forced to pay.
There is Power 64 and Power 20, a C64 and Vic20 emulator for Macs, and Pocket C64 for Pocket PC...

Actually Ironstone did a pretty good deal I believe, and whatever they say, their focus is definitely NOT the enthusiast community. They have two game development studios, one which develops games on console platforms, and an other one which does that for mobile and ITV platforms. They can easily do the same thing what Infogrames did with the Atari brand. Launch new games for console and other platforms under the Commodore brand, if they can get copyrights to some classics that's even a bigger plus for them... These are the guys BTW who made the Atari TV games, this is the joystick with 10 embeded Atari games.

A lot of people think that the Commodore brand is dead and is worth nothing, but that's not true, brand awareness is definitely big, the other day I had an american girl over 30+ something, and she saw my C16, and asked : Is that a Commodore? She is definitely not technical, but still knew the brand.

So if they want to do money, and they want, then they have to reinvent the brand, and has to do some tip toe-ing around the commodore community very carefully, so they generate buzz but no bad press...

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024