Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2023-05-10
08:34:53
 Karting Grand Prix 101% fixes and...

Karting Grand Prix 101% fixes and improves the neglected classic Karting Grand Prix on several points. No, not in the debatable playability... But have a second chance on it now!

Posted By

Csabo
on 2023-05-10
08:34:53
 Re: Karting Grand Prix 101% fixes and...

TBH I've never played with the original that much, I barely remember this one. "Debatable playability"... You said it grin

I guess the saving grace for these types of games is if they are played at parties. Quick and simple fun!

Posted By

MIK
on 2023-05-12
02:58:38

Just a thought...

In this day and age I would say it's fine to use the word "Remaster" if something has been tweaked, added too and fixed ect... We know what 101% means, (extra - more than the norm) just that percentage symbol I feel looks out of place for a name?

Karting Grand Prix Remastered
Karting Grand Prix - Remastered
Karting GP - Remastered

The Remaster word is used a lot these days when an old game has been ported to a new machine. Sometimes it's just a 100% copy and nothing more, other times they add more features. Other times it's a totally new rewritten game based on an old title. The word has some uses any way. happy

Lol by the time it's on SD card it'll be called something else, 12 character limit.

Posted By

Luca
on 2023-05-10
10:55:05

@Csabo yes this game has born under a dark star considering any single aspect of it: the 32kB limit is anti-commercially less than a regular Plus/4 game but useless to the C16 audience, the collision code should have been set to a merciful approximation of the boxes boundaries clash, the assigning of the names was originally bugged, the names' selection routine falls out of the selectable characters in both Plus/4 and C64 version, there are typos everywhere and these are the most evident flaws to be counted on.

On the other side, my passion for the losers put it as a perfet candidate to relauch in a new suite happy

Posted By

Lavina
on 2023-05-10
16:38:06

remastered

Posted By

MIK
on 2023-05-12
02:57:55

Not sure why ED was dropped... My initial post needs to be Remastered! grin

Posted By

Luca
on 2023-05-12
03:45:51

Ah well I am a big fan and supporter of the Extended International Standards! In the ancient eras of the scene, we used to make few bad attempts at them, but now we can join the history by fully using them, that's why my titles always point to promote them happy

Posted By

RĂ¼diger
on 2023-05-16
10:49:50

A nice revision of the Karting GP, good job Luca. Very nice that the 3 joystick version works now, and the beautiful converted title picture (from the Amiga?). The sound is awesome for TED.

The colleagues at the C-64 have apparently not yet managed to create a version for 3 joysticks themselves.

The only thing that remains, the actual game is really not much fun ... you always get stuck in the curves somehow ... and that with a game as of 1989. And the races are always extremely short with 5 laps ... it is rather a gag for a computer party, so that boredom does not arise.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024